Attempt To Wake Server Option

bxsteez
Go to solution Solved by gcw07,

I noticed in Media Browser Classic Configurator there is an option to attempt to wake server.  Is that a new option to send a magic packet to wake up the server?  Or is this for something else.

Forgive me if I opened this in the wrong forum.  Its a MBC option but its to start the server so I wasn't sure where to go for that. 

• Solution

Yes it is a new feature that was added. It will attempt to wake up the server if it is asleep.

• Like 1

Yes it is a new feature that was added. It will attempt to wake up the server if it is asleep.

That is awesome!! I've been using a simple WOL program with a batch file and hstart to launch it from WMC.  Pretty happy that all isn't going to be needed anymore!!

Is there any chance that there can be an option to set the amount of time to delay before trying to connect to the server?  My server wakes up from S3 sleep so it takes like 3 secs or something like that.  What I actually did prior to this option with my batch file was to ping the server IP till it was available then wait 2 secs and launch MB3.  That might be something you guys could implement...

You mean give you the error message to hit retry till your server is up and running?  I saw that but I had to hit retry a half dozen times because my server is another room so I don't know when its actually up.  That is why I just keep trying to ping the server IP.   I dunno if that is something you guys are considering but I've  been using that for a while now and it works pretty well... Outside it branching off to a command line prompt and then back into WMC.  That is kinda annoying. 

Ahh I see.  I have a timeout.  I think I had like 100 pings or something like that and reduced to like 10 with a delay between each but I do see what you are saying.  I might try and use S1 and see if it comes up faster and is low enough energy.