New App

MadibaJ

MadibaJ

Well done to the Emby team. I've been waiting a long time for this.

Although I haven't yet given the app a full trial I've still rated it 5 stars. I reckon it's in all users interest to rate the app well so more adoption takes place. The more adoption the more development will take place ( I hope I'm right in saying that Luke). Don't take any development issues out on the App Store save them for the forums.

Once again, thanks for all the time spent on this.

• Like 2

First, love the new app! Tried it out with a few different clients and playing locally and it was quick and easy. Second is a minor issue for future update. Unless I'm doing something wrong, when I click Settings and go to Server Dashboard I only get the main page of the Dashboard with notifications and connected clients and such. Am I missing something in getting to the rest of the sections (like Users, Library, Auto-Organize, etc.) or is it somewhere else completely? Thanks to all who were a part of making this reality - 5 stars!

eskay993

Agreed! Awesome job guys! I've been hovering in and around Emby for over year now and finally made the full switch a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. iOS app is a great addition.

One question - Any future plans to enhance the player controls? I love how on Android you can swipe left/right to short skip forward and back and swipe up/down for volume control. Or maybe possibly add a short skip back/forward button?

Thanks guys. Keep up the great work.

Cheers

Edited by eskay993

Beautiful app. Tried it out on both iPad and iPhone without any problems. Played back full bitrate BD rip via Airplay to my Apple TV 4, again without problems.

Extremely happy.  :D

Couple of questions though....

1. Is there a way to tell when the server is doing transcoding or not?

2. Where the tvOS app?  :ph34r:  ;)

andrewbee

I cant believe it finally got released. I thought we wouldnt get to see it until iOS 10  :P 

Time to revive my emby server!

Longrifle

Beautiful app. Tried it out on both iPad and iPhone without any problems. Played back full bitrate BD rip via Airplay to my Apple TV 4, again without problems.

Extremely happy.  :D

Couple of questions though....

1. Is there a way to tell when the server is doing transcoding or not?

2. Where the tvOS app?  :ph34r:  ;)

if you play a movie on ios and then take a look at your server config. page, you should see the device connected and playing... if you hover your mouse over the item being played it will give you details about transcoding or direct streaming.

badmadbrad

So glad this has finally been released :) However mine won't work :/

I can find the server on the network, whether signed in or not. When I click on the server I get: "Connection Failiure. We are unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure....."

Using an iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2, Jailbroken.
Server is on WIndows 10, Version 3.0.5781.1

Any help would be appreciated :)

legallink

So glad this has finally been released :) However mine won't work :/

I can find the server on the network, whether signed in or not. When I click on the server I get: "Connection Failiure. We are unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure....."

Using an iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2, Jailbroken.
Server is on WIndows 10, Version 3.0.5781.1

Any help would be appreciated :)

I would post this in a new topic.  It will get lost in here.

Hello,

finally its there :)

Awesome, big thanks!

A quick question/request: Some other apps have the option to reset cache under 'settings'. Sometimes this is helpful if there is any trouble or if i want that the app redownloads all images (posters,...) from the emby-server. Its also helpful because the cache data will get bigger and bigger from time to time.

Cant find it in this first release.

Edited by gismo33

if you play a movie on ios and then take a look at your server config. page, you should see the device connected and playing... if you hover your mouse over the item being played it will give you details about transcoding or direct streaming.

I new it showed what was playing in server config but on Chrome there's no hover. Tried Edge and it worked and I found the hover details. Thanks for the response. I wouldn't have know as a chrome user otherwise.