IOS app issues

,Although I get a heading for "cast and crew" when I open one of my films in the app, the section is empty. If I open the same film using the web interface I get the complete listing of actors....

Edited by avatarthe

The second one showing cast and crew is from the web browser, the first one without cast and crew, is from the app. My data is coming from nfo files...

post-76338-0-01147800-1447384973_thumb.jpg

post-76338-0-46485300-1447384984_thumb.jpg

Edited by avatarthe

I'm pretty sure the iOS app only shows cast and crew that have images.

Funny, now that you mention it, the web interface isn't getting the actors photos, I know they are in the nfo, I see them when I open the films in media companion....

So two issues...

1. Why is the web app not seeing the cast photos

2. Why is the iOS app not showing even the cast names let alone photos

Edited by avatarthe

AdrianW

Have you run a "Refresh people" task recently? It would be worth a try.

Edited by AdrianW

Have you run a "Refresh people" task recently? It would be worth a try.

Tried refresh people, took a suspicious 1 second to run ( I have many files) with no change, do I not have nfos or meta data set up correctly.

Yeah, even on my PC I don't get actors pictures. Does Emby not extract these from Kodi type nfo files.

Edited by avatarthe

So that is the problem, the iOS app only lists the cast if they have a photo, which is a problem in its self. Is there no way to use a genetic picture and the actors name when a photo is not available like the web interface does?

The second issue is I can't figure out whey embydoesnt see the cast pictures in my nfo file when other apps like media manager does, any thoughts?

I uploaded a cast members photo using the Emby server and it not shows up in the app.

post-76338-0-68846800-1447391385_thumb.jpg

David Martin

I'm having an issue on my iPhone 4s, Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but when you change the way movies are ordered some of the options aren't displayed along with the ascend and descend buttons. I'll attach screenshots to show what i mean.

My iPhone's running IOS 9.1

5645a9104863f_IMG_2825.png

Thanks in advanced.

Issue on my iPad 3 (running iOS 9.1):

When I drill down to individual tv episodes, the Series/Season/Episode name section is covered up by the episode image.

It's just a small issue in an otherwise great app.

mediacowboy

Issue on my iPad 3 (running iOS 9.1):

When I drill down to individual tv episodes, the Series/Season/Episode name section is covered up by the episode image.

It's just a small issue in an otherwise great app.

This will be fixed in the next release.

mediacowboy

I'm having an issue on my iPhone 4s, Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but when you change the way movies are ordered some of the options aren't displayed along with the ascend and descend buttons. I'll attach screenshots to show what i mean.

My iPhone's running IOS 9.1

5645a9104863f_IMG_2825.png

Thanks in advanced.

I can confirm this on both stable and test on my 5s. Edited by mediacowboy
  • Like 1

mediacowboy

Sorry if anyone else had posted about it but i wasn't sure so i brought it up.

Don't apologize it wasn't on brought up in this thread it was brought up in the development thread. Edited by mediacowboy
  • Like 1

On both my iPad and iPhone. When opening the filters menu, it's impossible to scroll the filters popover, the background movie list scrolls instead. If you prefer that I start another thread, I can repost.

Edited by Doonga

yea we can show them all. just thought it might look better if it were more graphical

So is there a way to turn on "show cast memebers without photos" in th app or server, or will I need to wait for a possible app update?