skipping forward / ahead when using web client, without mouse

harisund

harisund

I have a Emby server running on a windows machine in my basement and I am using Chrome on a Windows box upstairs. Windows box is connected to a TV, and I am using one of those wireless keyboards with built in touch pads to control the client.

Everything is great, except that when I want to skip ahead or back a few seconds, I am required to move the mouse (trackpad) and click where I want to play from. However, I find this cumbersome and inaccurate.

Are there any built in keyboard shortcuts that allow me to skip forward, backward or go to a particular time stamp (normally the beginning but specifiable value would be great)

I am not invested in Chrome in anyway, so if the Firefox web client would support keyboard shortcuts, I don't mind. I just want to be able to move around with just a keyboard and not have to aim the mouse.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Vidman

Why are you using the web client on windows to playback rather than one of the other clients available on windows?

Edited by Vidman

Vidman

There is theatre ,2 x win 8.1 store apps, kodi, the windows media center plugin and a mpc-hc launcher

Edited by Vidman