Disc art and most other art on Emby server, but not transferring to Kodi

jjdavola

jjdavola

Hello. Emby used to play nice with Kodi and the Aeon Shednox skin, but no more. On the Emby server all the pictures and options show up, but on Kodi only the fan art, thumbnail and background show up for some reason. I'm using the most recent stable versions of the server and Emby for Kodi and I did a manual and full reset/sync, but nothing is getting the disc art and the other art onto Kodi. BTW I'm using Kodi 15.2.

Any thoughts, tips, tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated.

jjdavola

How are you accessing your content in Kodi?

I'm accessing it through the video folders on  my network.  FYI when I start Kodi, Emby welcomes me, so it appears to be working.

Angelblue05

Are you accessing your content via Programs in Kodi? Because that results in missing metadata/artwork. If you go to Videos in Kodi and access a section from your emby library section, does your content display correctly?

jjdavola

Are you accessing your content via Programs in Kodi? Because that results in missing metadata/artwork. If you go to Videos in Kodi and access a section from your emby library section, does your content display correctly?

No.  I have a shortcut on Kodi to my "My Movies" and "My TV Shows" folders on a network drive.  I'm not home to check, but I'm pretty sure the content displays correctly in Emby and through the method I explained, but I don't believe there's a way to see the disc art through Emby on Kodi, but when I check the Emby server all the additional art is there.  FYI I just can't see or use the fancy disc art transitions that I used to.

Thank you for your responses.

Angelblue05

Can you tell me which version of the add-on version you were using, when it showed the discart? Thanks

Edited by Angelblue05

jjdavola

Can you tell me which version of the add-on version you were using, when it showed the discart?

Not sure of the Emby version, but I'm pretty sure I was using Kodi version 14.2.

xnappo

It sounds  to me like you set up links to your file folders on your network drive from Kodi? That isn't how it works, you need to addon installed, then it will sync the library.  If you pointed the Kodi scraper to your network drives it may be causing problems.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 2

jjdavola

It sounds to me like you set up links to your file folders on your network drive from Kodi? That isn't how it works, you need to addon installed, then it will sync the library. If you pointed the Kodi scraper to your network drives it may be causing problems.

Thanks. My server is installed on an external hard drive on my network and I'm pointing everything to those same folders. Plus it worked almost perfectly for a while.

xnappo

Yes, it worked perfectly until the Kodi scraper broke it..

You *cannot* point Kodi to the folders - it *will* conflict with Emby and cause all sorts of problems.  Emby knows where the files are and will create the Kodi DB with the proper paths.

1. Delete sources.xml (or rename it for now)

2. Reset DB in Emby for Kodi addon

xnappo

• Like 1

jjdavola

Yes, it worked perfectly until the Kodi scraper broke it..

You *cannot* point Kodi to the folders - it *will* conflict with Emby and cause all sorts of problems. Emby knows where the files are and will create the Kodi DB with the proper paths.

1. Delete sources.xml (or rename it for now)

2. Reset DB in Emby for Kodi addon

xnappo

Thank you. I'll try that when I get home later this week. Then how do I create a shortcut to all my videos? I still don't understand why it worked before doing it the same way.