Emby add-on error

nyanloutre
Go to solution Solved by nyanloutre,

nyanloutre

Since I upgraded my laptop to Ubuntu 15.10 (from 15.04), I can't access my movies with Kodi (15.1) which are in a debian 7 container (openvz). Before I upgraded my laptop it was working fine. But now if I click on the Emby add-on or if I try to play a movie I get this error (the movie infos are correctly displayed in Kodi). I tryed reinstalling Kodi and remove all Kodi config files but I get the same error. Maybe this come from Ubuntu 15.10.

There is a snapshot of the error, and the log in attachement

563fa24a895c3_embyerror.png

kodi.log

im85288

From your log it appears something else is conflicting with the requests module this addon uses. Did you install different add ons this time? Regardless I would advise you to try out the latest beta version in the hope it may work correctly there.

nyanloutre

Thanks for the answer,

I never had any add-on in Kodi except this one and on the server there are 3 add-ons : Kodi sync queue, Pushbullet, Tvheadend client. I will try the beta ASAP

Edit : I get the exact same error with the Beta repository

Edited by nyanloutre

nyanloutre

I don't have pip installed and the packages python-crypto and python-cryptography are dependencies of other programs so I cant uninstall them.

Angelblue05

Ok, well it's not an issue that we can fix. Best bet is to open a github ticket here: https://github.com/pyca/cryptography. They did have the issue going on in august, hopefully someone will have a solution for you. 

Edit: This was the original ticket: https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues/2287

Error: 

osrandom engine already registered
Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

• Solution
nyanloutre

Thanks, I opened a ticket !

Edit : the solution was to run "sudo pip install -U cryptography"

because I had the version 1.0.1 of cryptography and it needed the version 1.1

Edited by nyanloutre
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing nyanloutre! I spent the last couple hours trying to find a solution and I was trying to find something a little more elegant than deleting subdirectories. (Something that wouldn't end up bricking systems in the future)