Excessive Metadata Folder Size?

gcoupe

I've just discovered that my Metadata folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-server\data\Metadata) is almost 50 GB in size.

Am I right in thinking that this seems a trifle excessive for a library of 400 movies, 800 TV episodes, and 1,000 music albums? 

Koleckai Silvestri

If you're not storing metadata with your media than it can get quite large. All those images and .nfo files add up in space. My metadata folder is almost 7 GB in size and it only has the information that isn't directly stored in the media folders. I have over 900 movies, 10000 television episodes and 366 albums (2013 songs).

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

It seems excessive for your library size.. Try to dig in and see which of your folders inside the metadata folder is causing the problem. For mine, I have only 3GB total and the the bulk (2 GB) is in the people folder. I do not have any music within EMBY..

Well, I am certainly storing metadata in my media folders - that's why I am surprised that the Metadata folder in the AppData path is so huge. How can I clear this out and start again?

Koleckai Silvestri

The only way that I know of clearing it out is deleting it and doing a new Library Scan. That will trigger the resaving of all the necessary metadata. Also remember the ImagesByName folder was merged into this a few server versions back. If you still have an ImagesByNames folder, deleting it will save you some space as well.

Happy2Play

I believe the data\metadata folder is used anymore, the new installs use Server\Metadata.  I deleted my data\metadata folder and it never returned.  All information went to Server\Metadata. 

Edited by Happy2Play