ffmpeg using 70-80% while scanning library

scan718

also it has been scanning the library for days now, it stays around 68% completed

I don't know if this is related but looking at the log i see a lot of "Error parsing xml file"

I would like to post the log but the sticky says not to paste the whole thing

how much to upload?

Thanks in advance, i would like to get this sorted because my PC is unusable during scans

Thanks i will try, i also notice that when scanning my library ffmpeg does not kick in till about 70% of the library scan,and the scan either stops there or crawls very slowly. i thought ffmpeg was just for transcoding? 

I only have 1 image fetcher and 1 metadata downloader, i don't see anything that should cause it.

Edited by scan718

If you disable chapter images, it won't need ffmpeg and will probably do the scan a lot quicker (it did for me)

blade005

Thanks i will try, i also notice that when scanning my library ffmpeg does not kick in till about 70% of the library scan,and the scan either stops there or crawls very slowly. i thought ffmpeg was just for transcoding? 

I only have 1 image fetcher and 1 metadata downloader, i don't see anything that should cause it.

scan718,

I have had this happen with updates to MB Server as well. Recent updates triggered a very long re-scan effort of my existing library (3+ days). For some reason it treats some items in the library as if they are new items, even though they are not, and runs ffmpeg and ffprobe against them for file information and if you have it turned on chapter image creation. This can be a very long and cpu intensive process.

Thanks for all the input, after this last update it seems to be ok now, taking about 25 minutes to do a scan now, I set it to scan after midnight.  What does chapter image actually do? is it to make the roku images while fast forward & rewind? Cant live without that now