Refresh a show in Kodi marks all episodes as watched

dazed

I stupidly hit refresh on a tv show last night thinking it would make the new poster show up and instead it marked all the remaining episodes as watched which then mark all them as watched on trakt. I tested it again today to make sure it wasn't a fluke and it did the same again

server log.txt

kodi.log

Angelblue05

I doubt there is anything we can do about this. Hopefully we can figure out a way to disable the context menu or modify it to remove those options. For now, just don't use any options in the context menu, it will mess with your setup (except for play options and view information obviously).

Edited by Angelblue05

Have you any idea how it's happening, how a refresh of info is marking everything as watched. If anything should it not be marking watched as unwatched if it's refreshing the info

Edited by dazed

Angelblue05

My guess is that when you refresh, Kodi fires the "VideoLibrary.OnUpdate" which we monitor for manually marking as watched/unwatched, and it gets picked up and sends the command to the emby server. You should not need to use any type of kodi refresh. The add-on monitors/modify information live (if there's a lot of updating being processed, the item is in "queue" to update and it will show up eventually).