Major Metadata Issues

Polygon

This is only an issue with my TV series which is separate on it's own drive. It's all messed up and I'm trying to fix it by starting over but Emby will not refresh the metadata. I've tried deleting all XML and NFO files. I've tried recreating the folders but the metadata seems to follow the folder names. So then I deleted the cache and metadata folders from the Emby Server folder.

No matter what I do, in the manager the same info is pulling up. Even where there is no metadata in the individual folders for the TV series. What do I need to do to clear out the metadata and start over?

Hi,

If you clear out metadata and tell it to refresh, it's generally just going to find the same metadata that it found before, thus bringing you back to square one. If something is being mis-identified, you can use the Identify feature to look it up and correct it.

Apart from that in order to help we really need some specific and concrete details of what your issue actually is. For more information, please see:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Hi,

If you clear out metadata and tell it to refresh, it's generally just going to find the same metadata that it found before, thus bringing you back to square one. If something is being mis-identified, you can use the Identify feature to look it up and correct it.

Apart from that in order to help we really need some specific and concrete details of what your issue actually is. For more information, please see:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

That's just it, it's not downloading anything. It's drawing the information locally. On some series I don't even have the option to identify. I ended up uninstalling server and deleting all traces of it and I've started over. That seems to have cleared the slate. However, using Castle as an example, when I got to identify I brings up the correct show and I select Castle (2009) but it populates Castle (2003) no matter what I do and I can't clear it out without manually entering all the metadata.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to post an update on this. Emby was not the issue. I had just done a clean install on the system that hosts all my media. When I noticed some odd behaviour in other programs I dug a little deeper and found that I managed to copy the AppData folder from the previous install to the new one while restoring backups. So, problem solved.