FireTV Audio Synchronization w/Bluetooth Headphones

Chuck

I may have mentioned this before in another post, but don't see it my "My Content".

All movies, Video, Music and LiveTV audio is out of synch when using Bluetooth Headphones.  All other Apps, HBO GO, Netflix, etc., don't seem to have that problem.

Any chance of updating the Bluetooth audio Synchronization?

I haven't had the chance to look into how the app knows about this condition.  For now, there is the ability to adjust the audio delay during playback (assuming you are using VLC).

Be sure you are using headphones that use current, modern BT profiles. My last experience trying to use BT headphones was about 5 or 6 years ago, and I had the same problem. A little research led me to what was supposedly a known issue: BT had a slight delay that was not noticeable as long as you were only listening to music, but if you tried to watch a video it became very obvious. Supposedly modern BT profiles fixed this. I have not invested in modern headphones to confirm this.

However, I am skeptical that this is your issue since you are not having the problem with streaming video.

It kind of is and isn't the issue.  The other streaming apps are determining that BT headphones are attached and automatically adding a delay to the video.

• 3 months later...