HD Playback

SomebodySysop
Go to solution Solved by SomebodySysop,

SomebodySysop

Running Emby 3.0.5781 on Windows 7 Home Premium.  Using Chrome browser.

When I watch live tv, the HD stations come back automatically at 1080p 40Mbps.

That's much too high for my system.  I have to use the settings icon to click down to 780p 2Mbps.

I always get a "Video Error" when I do this (not enough tuners), then have to restart the live tv program.

My question is:  Is there a way to make sure that ALL live tv HD programs are set at 780p 2Mbps?

And, why is there an error when I throttle down in real time?  I have 2 tuners and I'm always ever only using one.

Thanks.

SomebodySysop

if you go into app settings you can set your max streaming quality permanently

Do you mean here: Server->Playback->Streaming?

If so, I set this to 5, but HD channel still started playing back at 1080p 25Mbps

Plus this setting says "Internet Streaming Bitrate" and I am streaming over my local network.

I can correct by clicking on the bitrate setting icon during playback, but that usually results in a video error, so I have to select program and restart playback again.

Am I missing something?

post-85043-0-61908500-1446692169_thumb.png

post-85043-0-38002600-1446692186_thumb.png

post-85043-0-35884200-1446692585_thumb.png

these are server settings that affect all apps. that one only comes into play when away from home. what i mean are web client -specific settings, which can be found by clicking your user icon -> settings

• Solution
SomebodySysop

these are server settings that affect all apps. that one only comes into play when away from home. what i mean are web client -specific settings, which can be found by clicking your user icon -> settings

Got it.  Thank you!