Seasons and Episodes Not Refreshing

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

Last night I sat down to re-watch a show with my kids. That's when I discovered that Once Upon a Time had not properly populated the metadata fields. All of the episodes were still named using the file names, and there were no details. At the time, I just made a note of it and came back this morning to run a refresh on the series in the Metadata Manager. However, when I run the refresh, nothing is happening in terms of changing the information. The episode titles remain OUAT.sXXeXX instead of the actual title, and no info goes into the rest of the fields. I tried do a refresh at all three levels, episode, season, and series. 

I checked the info fields, they are all set to inherit. I went through and manually completed season 1 and committed it. When I ran refresh, it did not revert to the previous version, so any manual changes I make are being accepted.

When I looked in the logs, I found a pair of errors I could not source. Also, there were a number of entries regarding ignoring changes made to the show. I went back and checked, I do not have the show locked to prevent changes, so now I am at a loss as to what is causing this error. It appears I may be having a similar problem with The Librarians, though I have not spent much time on that show, as I am trying to fix one I already know is not functioning properly.

TolkienBard

I looked a little deeper, and yes, this issue is happening after a fashion to The Librarians as well. The scraper fetched the wrong series of that name. I went through and fixed the name and refreshed, but it is simply not updating to the new data. If I go through and manually alter and save each entry, it is still confused if I select Refresh at the series level or above. It brings back all of the olde metadata from the wrong series, despite being properly labeled for the new one.

It appears that the scraper simply does not want to let go of anything that was at one time an incorrect entry.

You probably have to use The Librarians (2014)  as the series folder since the TVDB has The Librarians (from Australia?) as the first entry with that name. I ran into it on either Hulu or Netflix at first, since I was a fan of the movies and wanted to see if the new series was out yet. As for OUAT, you need the 2011 - there are tons of entries for that one.

I had the same issue with my Eureka - the Anime plug-in blew up my first two seasons making it "Eureka 7" and to clean it up I had to go into each season and episode and clear all the metadata ids. I then had to manually enter the TVDB id for each and do a Refresh by item.

I'd be curious what errors you found - that may explain it.

TolkienBard

You probably have to use The Librarians (2014)  as the series folder since the TVDB has The Librarians (from Australia?) as the first entry with that name. I ran into it on either Hulu or Netflix at first, since I was a fan of the movies and wanted to see if the new series was out yet. As for OUAT, you need the 2011 - there are tons of entries for that one.

I had the same issue with my Eureka - the Anime plug-in blew up my first two seasons making it "Eureka 7" and to clean it up I had to go into each season and episode and clear all the metadata ids. I then had to manually enter the TVDB id for each and do a Refresh by item.

I'd be curious what errors you found - that may explain it.

I am using The Librarians (2014) now. Unfortunately, it will not "forget" the older 6-episode mini-series. When I get home, I will probably try something like going through and gutting the folders for each series and seeing if having them "rediscovered" solves the issue.

Hmmm... I could have sworn I attached my logs whenI reported the issue. Let's try that part again.

Non-updating Seasons.txt

Edited by TolkienBard

TolkienBard

This is partially solved. Yes, if I go through and delete all metadata and other scraped info from the folders and re-scan, I can get the proper readings. However, if there is wrong information for whatever reason, I cannot simply do a refresh info at the series level. If I do, I can go through the motions of making sure I select the right info and so forth, but unless I manually enter and save it, it won't stick. Furthermore, if a recursive scan is done later, it will revert to the improper data unless I have locked it. So something is in the works preventing the scraper from making changes to the metadata.

TolkienBard

Yup, it seems that, even after cleaning up my plugins again that this problem persists. It is more of a nuisance than a true problem though. I just discovered that Jessie (2011) was improperly calling a short-lived show from 1984. No matter how much I tried to refresh or overwrite the info, it would keep defaulting back. But, if I go through and manually delete all traces of metadata first and then go in and make sure the right show is selected by forcibly identifying instead of waiting for the auto-scan, I am able to pick the right title and have all the information and images populate the way they are supposed to.

And now I log back into the server, only to discover that after making the post about the not terribly pressing nuisance, that all the metadata reverted back to the original show again, meaning that the new metadata is not sticking, even if I erase the data in the series folders first.

Edited by TolkienBard

TolkienBard

Going back through the logs, it appears that the server is finding the changes I make, but is then specifically ignoring them, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why it is doing so.

Ignoring Changes.txt

TolkienBard

I have tried using both the automated refresh and doing it by hand. The only way I seem to be able to get the changes to stick is if I make the changes by hand and then lock the appropriate page. When I read through the logs, they say the server is identifying a change to an episode/season, but then it goes on to say it is ignoring that change. This is the only thing my limited understanding of coding sees that would seem to pertain to the problem at hand.

if you're making changes by hand, the best thing to do is nothing and let the normal emby server library scan pick them up. best suggestion though is to use the interface to make your changes.

TolkienBard

I went through, deleted all metadata from the series folder. I then went and made sure that he series was properly titled so that the metadata scraper should have been able to find the proper show on the first pass. I then ran the library scanner. It still put all of the old data back in for the episodes, despite properly identifying the show at the series level.

Doing a refresh at the season level (which shows the proper release date) did not fix the problem. For whatever reason, when the scan tries to insert metadata, it is reverting back to the first scan's findings.

Edited by TolkienBard

As I mentioned before, I had a similar problem but it certainly wasn't as persistent as yours. Furthermore, it was a conflict with the metadata sources (AniDB vs. the correct one) based on a plug-in. Because of that I gotta ask - what (metadata, but may be something else) plug-ins do you use?

TolkienBard

As I mentioned before, I had a similar problem but it certainly wasn't as persistent as yours. Furthermore, it was a conflict with the metadata sources (AniDB vs. the correct one) based on a plug-in. Because of that I gotta ask - what (metadata, but may be something else) plug-ins do you use?

Right now I only have Radeon's plugins installed. I did have Anime installed as well, but when I narrowed it down to a persistent "ignoring changes to ..." problem, I took that plugin out in case there was an unexpected metadata conflict, despite the fact that the anime plugin is pointed at a different drive. 

I'm trying to get this bug nailed down so I can start loading more of the plugins back in. I still need to figure out if it was CoverArt or MB Plus that was causing my previous performance issues.

I still need to figure out if it was CoverArt or MB Plus that was causing my previous performance issues.

Much more likely to be MB Plus as the things it tries to do have become slower in recent server releases.

TolkienBard

Right now I only have Radeon's plugins installed. I did have Anime installed as well, but when I narrowed it down to a persistent "ignoring changes to ..." problem, I took that plugin out in case there was an unexpected metadata conflict, despite the fact that the anime plugin is pointed at a different drive. 

I'm trying to get this bug nailed down so I can start loading more of the plugins back in. I still need to figure out if it was CoverArt or MB Plus that was causing my previous performance issues.

I was thinking this might be the case, but I will be able to test for certain shortly. Once I know which plugin is causing a performance hit, I can start working on how to better upgrade my server to accommodate the demands of the plugin.

make sure you remove the existing TVDB and TV.com ID's in metadata manager before you update/identify. that's probably the reason why it keeps reverting to the old data.

TolkienBard

make sure you remove the existing TVDB and TV.com ID's in metadata manager before you update/identify. that's probably the reason why it keeps reverting to the old data.

Anytime I update an entry, I always delete everything before I start adding back information.

Anytime I update an entry, I always delete everything before I start adding back information.

Prob a silly question, but do you hit the save button after you delete the data? I know I've forgotten to do that before...

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

TolkienBard

Prob a silly question, but do you hit the save button after you delete the data? I know I've forgotten to do that before...

I've been known to forget myself from time to time. When I first started experiencing the issue, I made very sure that I was hitting the save button to make sure that I wasn't just imagining a problem that wasn't there.

I still use Meta Browser 2 to supply all Metadata for my media. So this problem doesn't really affect me. Might change over when my licence runs out.