Unable to play

geaves

For some reason I keep getting unable to play, opening stream appears, then a delay, then an unable to play check log file. I have attached the log file which has been set for info.

Many thanks.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Interesting. Direct stream is working, was it not automatically playing at all before you enabled the setting?

Checking your logs quickly, I could not find the play occurence. If you don't mind disabling the setting, could you capture a kodi log, with you trying to play something? (Your issue is your emby library paths are incorrectly setup for direct play) I would like to see why it didn't fallback to direct stream as it was supposed to.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Direct stream is working, was it not automatically playing at all before you enabled the setting?

No, kept getting check error log

Checking your logs quickly, I could not find the play occurence. If you don't mind disabling the setting, could you capture a kodi log, with you trying to play something? (Your issue is your emby library paths are incorrectly setup for direct play) I would like to see why it didn't fallback to direct stream as it was supposed to.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for having a look, have disabled setting, log attached....'Library paths incorrectly setup for direct play' that's interesting, all Movies, TV Shows and Music are on Nas4Free set up as SMB, then on the Emby box I have fstab entries which mount folders to the SMB shares, so in Emby I just point to the appropriate mount folder which symlinks back to SMB. I have often wondered if I should use path substitution as well.

kodi.log

xnappo

Yes, you need to use path substitution.

Here is what it is trying to open:

/media/movies/The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011)/The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011).mp4

Note that the server name is missing..

• Like 1

Yes, you need to use path substitution.

Here is what it is trying to open:

/media/movies/The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011)/The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011).mp4

Note that the server name is missing..

Thanks, to you both.....that was it I was in the process of just setting up path substitution for all 3 folders.....having done that and rescanned the library it all works......

Thanks again. 

• Like 2