Modifing Emby Playlists

mGraziano

mGraziano

I want to modify emby playlists from my own software. I found the location of the playlist xml:

C:\Users\graziano\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\playlists\Recent [playlist]

but any modifation to that file does not reflect in emby. Is there a way to get those changes into emby?

mGraziano

It worked doing a library scan.  I swear that it did not work yesterday when I tried it.  I'm not sure what changed but it's working now.  I did stop and restarted the service, but I thought I did that yesterday too. 

If I can find some time I would be interested in using the api.  Is there any documentation?

mGraziano

I believe I found part of my problem.  The xml file does not like &.  I converted them to &  Does anyone know if there is a size limit for these playlists or other characters that need to be converted?

mGraziano

I created a playlist of just over 2000 songs.  CPU usage shot up to 98 percent and took over 20 min before emby started to respond again.  After that the playlist was there and I can select and play this playlist.  Everyday, the first time I go to playlists the CPU usage shoots up to 98 percent and takes 20 min's before emby will respond again. 

Edited by mGraziano

Ian-Highlander

That's strange, I too have been suddenly seeing spikes of up to 100% CPU usage for a good few minutes every time a media scan runs but only since adding in a couple of (smallish) playlists. Also finding that whilst the music search is lightning fast, if I right click on something to "add to playlist" it can take several minutes for the drop down in the playlist selector to populate and that's with only two in the list.

Edited by Ian-Highlander

mGraziano

I do have some more information.  I clicked the refresh on the large playlist and this reproduces the problem.  CPU usage spikes for 15-20 minutes and I don't have access to the playlists until it finishes.  I also confirmed that after a library scan the first time clicking on playlist must do a refresh because CPU usage will spikes for 15-20 minutes and have to wait for it to finish.  Emby server is running on a AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity 3.4GHz, 4gb ram, SSD 120gb boot disk.  Playlist song count: 2626, playlist xml file size 367KB