Why do I need to manually refresh to get TV Show titles?

djotaku

So, right now I put TV show episodes in the correct folder structure:

TV Shows -> TV Show Name -> Season N -> TV Show Name Season # Ep #.mkv (or .mp4)

The episodes get picked up by Emby server when it does its twice daily scan. But when I look at the title either on Emby for Kodi or my Emby server's web page or Emby for Windows, the title for the episode looks like:

TVSHOWNAMESEASON#EP#.mkv. 

but I know the show is recognized correctly because if I hit refresh in the metadata section of the server's website, it immediately finds the title. Why do I have to do that? Why isn't it happening on its own? Is there some setting I need to tweak?

Version 3.0.5724.6

CentOS 7

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

You shouldn't have. it would be useful to know if you're able to reproduce this on the latest version of the server.

OK. Upgraded to the latest server version a few days ago. I think it's still having the same issue, but I can confirm in a little while later today as I just added some new episodes this morning.

OK, I just checked and it's definitely still happening. If I go into the web or mobile interface and refresh the episode, then it gets the title.

I'm not sure if this forum has a "solved" button for topics, but it turns out it was my fault. While 99% of everything on emby is from DVDs and BluRays I own, the show that was giving issues came from the big DVR in the cloud and, thus, had a folder with .nfos and stuff in it. When I moved the file itself without the folder, it appears to have worked correctly. If I see evidence of otherwise, I'll be sure to come back here and let you know.

• Like 1