Library Slow to Populate/Weird server Errors

Chomicz

I've three main folders, two on one drive and one on the other.  I started to notice that my Anime folder was not populating the MetaData correctly (easy fix as log file told me the AniDB was throwing up messages) and also noticed my DVD folder slow to populate.  Both those folder are one one drive.  The TV folder works fine on the other drive. 

I use Emby either HTML5, Android App but mainly WMC.  Initially I thought it was because the hard drive is on its way out (quite possible) but looked at the log file and it's throwing up erros, I don't quite understand.  Could I have some help?

Sometimes the folders populate, sometimes they don't, sometimes they hang.  I can provide screenshots of empty and populated folders if you want.  The most common error appears to be this/similar to this:

2015-11-02 18:37:00.8245 Error - HttpServer: Error in HttpConnection.BeginReadRequest. ConnectionId: 6a934dc9c5274afcb7c7519f4f7d656a
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5781.0
    Command line: C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
    System.IO.IOException
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
       at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection.BeginReadRequest()
    InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

Cheers for all the help in advance.

server-63582085445.txt

Edited by chomicz

you can try removing mbplus and coverart and see if they improve performance, although note that removing cover art will mean clients have to download new images, and it will take time to build up image caches again. the next server release will have some major performance improvements.

I'll try that when I've a spare moment or two. Any ideas why my DVDs folder infrequently populates?

PS - When it works, it works and is incredibly fast (compared to previous versions). Worked get using HTML5 at work today, came home and WMC doesn't like my DVD folder :(

Edited by chomicz

it will require a deeper look. best to do one thing at a time and re-assess after trying the above.

Client and server for MBPLUS?

Server will be the one that matters.

Be warned, save it somewhere because it is no longer in the catalog.

Yep saved them both.

Well great news...  Fastest Emby has been (bar initial image collection as described by luke), especially on my XBox 360 WMC Extender.  However have checked the log files and still getting error messages.  Not sure if they're important so they're attached is a new log file but everything appears to be working.  Thanks. :)

server-63582091178.txt