Image Download Permissions

88fingerslukee

88fingerslukee

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find any info on this.

How can I change the permissions that Emby assigns to downloaded images?

It seems it will only download them with 644 (rw-r-r) and I don't know how to change that. It's causing an issue with my SickRage renamer.

We don't currently have a setting for this. i wonder if it changing the security on the emby service account might have an effect? i'm not sure.

88fingerslukee

Okay, I fixed this.  I'm running this on Fedora 21 using a systemd script.  You have to add UMask=0002 to the options. My file looks like this:

[Unit]
Description=Emby Media Server
After=network.target

[Service]
EnvironmentFile=/etc/emby-server.conf
ExecStart=/usr/lib/emby-server/emby-server.sh start
UMask=0002
Restart=on-abort
TimeoutSec=20
ExecStopPost=/usr/lib/emby-server/emby-server.sh clear

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

0002 will give 664 permissions like I'm looking for. I hope this helps somebody else.

• 1 month later...

I wish it was possible to set this from inside emby. It's not the most convenient way of setting umask. I just had to update my configuration files after package upgrade replaced the previous modification.

• 1 month later...
88fingerslukee

I wish it was possible to set this from inside emby. It's not the most convenient way of setting umask. I just had to update my configuration files after package upgrade replaced the previous modification.

Agreed, this is annoying and unnecessary. Please add this feature.

88fingerslukee

you're saying downloaded images are marked as read-only? 

No, they're marked as rw-rw-r-- but I need them to be rwxrwxr--.  I use a different user to move/rename the files into the directory where emby monitors/downloads images.  Those users are in the same groups but I need to alter the permissions slightly. It would just make sense, to me anyway, to allow the emby admin the flexibility to change how the files it downloads are stored.