Record failing

PhilWhite

PhilWhite

With the latest stable server version I am no longer able to record.  I can set series recordings and set individual recordings but nothing seems to record.  Everything was fine with the previous server versions until the latest stable.

I know this has already been reported.  Is there a work around or something that I am missing?

pünktchen

Probably it's the same behaviour i see with the MediaPortal plugin recently.

I can set schedules within Embys webinterface. They are even listed after this but nothing is set thru the plugin!

I will provide some logs later...

pünktchen

Okay here are some logs...

The "good" one happened after deleting Embys databases, cache and live tv metadata.

The "bad" ones happened after some Emby restarts.

ps. with newer Emby releases also my channel sorting gets lost.

It is okay if i start with fresh databases, but after another restart they are randomized.

Maybe there's a correlation?!

PhilWhite

it hasn't been reported. please provide a bit more info:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

thanks.

Sorry, real life intervened.  I will try to capture a log sometime this weekend.  Sever Version 3.0.5781.0 on FreeNAS.

Recordings set fine both individually and with series recording but nothing records -- But I haven't had a chance to play with it for more than a week.

I have rebooted the FreeNAS sever, restarted the jail and Emby server and refreshed the TV info with no improvement.  I think it is due to something in the FreeNAS box -- I had just updated to the latest FreeNAS version before this problem showed.  It might be that things just needed to settle down (I've seen that before), so will see when I try to record something this weekend.

ETA:  It does not appear to engage the tuners for some reason.  When I click on the ip address of each device it does not display the ip address on the page that asks to enable tuner and restrict to favorites.  Enable tuner is ticked off but I cannot change "restrict to favorites".  I have re-entered the ip address of my two extend devices and the ip address will show for a few minutes though I still cannot click 'restrict to favorites'.  Then the ip address disappears when I click on the device later.

Could this be due to an HDHR firmware issue?  I contributed to the kickstarter campaign but still prefer the Emby solution.

Edited by PhilWhite

i have no idea without looking at your logs. i cannot reproduce the problem here with my test bed of scheduled recordings.

It appears it tried to record but was denied write access to the folder you configured.

2015-11-07 16:29:00.0232 Error - App: Error recording stream
	Access to the path "/\media\TempTV" is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException

PhilWhite

Thanks.  That I can fix.  I'll get back to you.

ETA:  Thank you Luke.  I've been a bit distracted lately but there's not really that much excuse for switching forward and backward slashes.

Working perfectly again.

Edited by PhilWhite

pünktchen

Hi @@Luke,

what about me? Have you looked at my logs?

I still cannot create any real schedule with my MediaPortal plugin.

They are created only in Emby but not thru the plugin :(