Emby server crashes

KnowEyeDear

KnowEyeDear

Gidday Guys,

Since the last server update, whenever any client or web config tries to access the server, it crashes and unloads.

I have performed a complete uninstall, cleanout and reinstall, but the same thing happens once completed.

I am hoping someone can decipher the attatched log, as I cannot make head nor tails of it.

Thank you

Terry

server-63582006621.txt

KnowEyeDear

FWIW, my system is

Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit

16gb RAM

24TB storage spread over 9 HDD's

All is good when first configured, however, since the last update, after the initial library scan, the server just unloads from memory. this is now happening weather the server is accesed no not. Merely loading the server, within 5 mins, it will just unload from memory, no warning, no notification...nothing

If further information is required, please just ask for it.

Cheers

i would try removing all plugins and see if the problem persists. also check the logs folder for a log file starting with unhandled_

• Like 1

Cirdecus

I have another topic open with the same issue.  I haven't tried using web clients to test, but my MB Classic clients all cause the server software to crash, throwing a "not responding" message up.  I've also found that running a Media Library Scan under scheduled tasks will trip the same error.

I've reformatted the entire server from scratch and installed with no plugins and I've observed the same behavior.  I've also tried uninstalling and delete all files for both clients.

I'm now removing all clients once more and I'm going to remove all items from my library and start adding library items one by one and running that scheduled media scan after each time to see if this is a library related problem.

• Like 1

KnowEyeDear

Gidday,

Well, I am not sure what the problem was, but after a completly clean install of Windows, the problem is no longer present. I can only assume the problem was with something other than Emby Server, as a clean-out and fresh install of that had no effect on my problems.

Cheers

:unsure: