Theme Song Playback in Web Client

bondfreak

bondfreak

Hi guys,

I finally moved all my Kodi TVTunes files over to the Emby server and started to play around with the TV theme feature. Here are some points that came up while testing:

• The themes use the "standard" audio player for playback
    • I thought emby has some kind of background audio player that can be used for themes, so the user will not see the audio control menu on the bottom of the page. It somehow confused me while browsing the TV show library. Would it be possible to put the theme song in some kind of background player?
  • Leaving the page of a certain TV show does not stop theme playback
    • It would be cool if the theme would stop when I navigate elsewhere.
  • Opening a TV show page while a theme is playing will not change to the theme of the displayed TV show
    • While a theme is playing in the bottom audio player, new themes won't be played :(
  • Changing to a different TV show while a theme is playing, then stopping playback manually > no themes anymore for this session
    • When a theme is played and I navigate through the library, the theme is not changed. I then tried to manually stop the playback and navigate through other TV shows. None of them triggered the theme playback anymore :( I had to close the browser tab and reconnect to the server. When I stop playback while staying on the same page, themes for other shows still work.

I tested all of this with Safari and Chrome. Emby server (3.0.5781.0) is installed on Ubuntu 14.04.

Regards

Edited by bondfreak
  • Like 6

Olywa123

Agree with these, I turned theme music off for these same reasons but would love to have it on again if they were addressed.

• 2 months later...