New router, connection errors for scheduled tasks only

gmacman

Need a little help to fix some strange connection issues.

Had Emby installed from the plugin within FreeNAS.  I changed my router (old one died) and everything appears fine:  updated new ip in the FreeNAS jail and after restart of Emby everything plays fine throughout the house (Kodi via FireTVs, Emby app on devices, etc.).  I can access the dashboard fine with the new ip, all seems well.

But I get errors from the scheduled tasks that need to connect outside the LAN (for example "Check for Application Updates"). 

Log included below, any help would be appreciated.  Was thinking I should just delete the plugin/jail and start over, but if simple fix would obvioulsy rather do that.

emby_log1.txt

josh4trunks

You might want to check

Network > Configuration > IPv4 Default Gateway

Also each jail might have a gateway setup and this might not automaticcaly adjust for you if stuff changes on your network.

• Like 1

You might want to check

Network > Configuration > IPv4 Default Gateway

Also each jail might have a gateway setup and this might not automaticcaly adjust for you if stuff changes on your network.

Thanks josh4trunks

Looked and when I set the ip in FreeNAS it did have incorrect gateway (or I should say maintained the old router's settings).

Since I reserved the ip thru the router, I merely set the jail for dhcp and restarted, now everything works.  Probably how I set it up the first time but I also just built a new FreeNAS machine and am also migrating over so a lot going on.  Sure I forgot how I originally set things up.

Anyway, all is well now, thanks again