Toggle subtitles from LAV splitter with Remote Control

af22

Just want to see if anyone has setup the ability to toggle subtitles from your remote control using LAV Splitter / Video / Audio with xyvsfilter.

There used to be some really old solutions i've used back in Vista Media center, but they all work off fddshow and direct vob sub.

Cheesegeezer

@@af22

Unfortunately xyvsfilter doesn't provide any "hooks" for this option to be made possible. You could try and see if mediacontrol has a hack for this but i doubt it

Maquiavel

Ok. Let me tell what I do. Maybe can help you.

I use the external player MPC-HC.

With MPC-HC is possible to change subtitles with a shortcut.

S: Next

Shift+A: Previous

So, I just need to combine my remote with Eventghost to emulate the keystroke "S"

I hope that helps you.

Cya,

Thanks for the reply maquiavel.

I have toy'ed around in the past to use an external player.  My HTPC has 4 tuners for liveTV,  so I spend a lot of time in WMC and DVR mode.  I have never really stayed with an external player too long as the single consistent UI feel really makes a big difference.

Now with LAV codecs being more feature complete and very solid, it makes playback of x264 feel almost as native as recorded liveTV. 

I may go play with using MPC-HC again as an external filter.  Maybe so I can use MADVR.

• 3 weeks later...