TV guide not showing with 3.0.5781.0

revengineer

revengineer

The title says is all. After upgrading on the stable path to v3.0.5781.0 I can no longer display the TV guide. I tried web interface and Android and all I see is the spinning wheel. I tried updating the guide but this did not seem to help. Without the guide, live TV has become unusable. The errors below from the log may be related.

2015-10-30 19:37:42.6665 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5781.0
    Command line: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    System.NullReferenceException
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<AddRecordingInfo>d__ae.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetPrograms>d__82.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.LiveTv.LiveTvService.<Get>d__2d.MoveNext()

2015-10-30 19:37:42.6665 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/LiveTv/Programs
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5781.0
    Command line: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    ServiceStack.HttpError
    No Stack Trace Available

revengineer

Yes, I certainly did. However, I just ran the guide update again and now the guide displays properly. Not sure what caused the issue. I will keep monitoring and let you know if the issue returns. 

it may have been the database clean scheduled task, which ran as part of this update. it might not have completed. i'm sorry, i know it's not exactly obvious. when there are upgrade procedures involved with a new version we currently don't do a great job of telling that they're running. it's definitely an area that needs to be improved.

revengineer

No worries, it's all sorted out. The guide still works fine this morning, and I see noticeably fewer errors overall in the logs with the latest version. Finally, I like the improvements in the interface. Nice work!