Items in search vs items in library

Cerothen
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Cerothen

Good morning all, I was trying to play some items out of my library the other day and noticed that in couldn't, they would just cause the DLNA renderer to think for a moment then go back to doing nothing.

After some investigation it turns out when I searched for a movie "tron: legacy" in this case it gave me an old library item to a SD avi file. However in my actual folders that file is gone and replaced with a shiny new mkv HD version of the film. The confusing part is that when I actually go to the movie list and scroll down to 'T' I can see the movie "Tron: legacy" and it is linked to the proper file which is the mkv, the weird thing is that this one doesn't show up in the search while the other one did until I deleted it within emby... Now neither shows up in the search and the mkv HD one still shows up under the full library.

What I am wondering is, is there a way to rebuild the search index and wipe out orphaned items where the actual file is gone?

Edited by Cerothen

the clean database scheduled task will do this. it normally runs on it's own so there's nothing you have to do.

Cerothen

It doesn't seem to be working properly in that case, original content that I have since removed seems to be staying forever (I also removed the trailer plugin and the items still come up under search for the trailers channel). 

Version 3.0.5724.6

Log: Attached

Log.txt