Music Metadata Screwed Up

Griffo

So I went today to play an album, and noticed that the album information is all screwed. It's listed all songs by this artist under a single album, despite the folder structure and ID3 tags having the right album information. I have a fairly large music collection, so is there a way to get it to re-check without deleting it and re-adding everything (which last time took days)?

post-6332-0-46472700-1446173886_thumb.png

This is doing my head in. I have

a) upgraded to latest version

B) deleted music library

c) deleted all .xml and .nfo files in this artists folder

e) run a database clean

f) renamed folders to remove brackets etc

g) re-added 

i still can't get these albums to show properly. Windows explorer etc all show the correct ID3 info by Emby keeps throwing them in the same weird album.

Any thoughts?

Current structure is: 

D:\Music\Smashing Pumpkins\Adore
D:\Music\Smashing Pumpkins\Gish
D:\Music\Smashing Pumpkins\Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness
D:\Music\Smashing Pumpkins\Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness\Disc 1
D:\Music\Smashing Pumpkins\Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness\Disc 2
D:\Music\Smashing Pumpkins\Pisces Iscariot
D:\Music\Smashing Pumpkins\Siamese Dream

yet it still displays in emby as per the above thumbnail.

Log (1).zip

Deathsquirrel

Pop the albums open in MP3Tag or some similar tool and make sure they all have the correct tag data entered.  Not mandatory but a nice to have is take the mellon collie discs and dump those MP3s into the root Mellon Collie folder.  You don't need the separate disc folders as there is a disc number ID3 tag.

I've got all those albums and they sorted correctly the first time using the same basic folder structure and MP3Tag to set my tags.

Figure it out eventually. There was a rogue MP3 file in the base of the artist folder (so in D:\Music\Smashing Pumpkins) that should have been in one of the sub folders.

It seemed to freak everything out. Moving it to its correct folder and rescanning fixed it.

Mind you, it still didn't seem to like the Disc1 / Disc2 subfolder structure. I ended up changing it back to separate folders and it's all happy now.

Edited by Griffo