MSPlus 1.0.5.4 Causing Server Crash on Windows Server During Library Scan

danielk23

danielk23

Hi All

posting here as advised by Luke following a check in the windows server forum. I've just updated windows  server to 3.0.5768.7 and as soon as it started it patched MBPlus to 1.0.5.4. Unfortunately during any library scan operations it's crashing while scanning movie content and the crash is so bad its actually crashing the emby server service. Logs attached from the actual crash

Would appreciate any help anyone can suggest, as i don't want to have to uninstall MBPlus if i can help it.

thanks

Daniel

server-63581742777.txt

unhandled_2883403d-cb89-49a5-abe2-12e56e849299.txt

Luke - how am I supposed to deal with this?  I'm simply requesting children and the database is throwing an exception deep in the core code.

InnerException: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException
callback requested query abort
unknown error
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.Read()
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteItemRepository.<GetChildrenItems>d__23.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.get_ActualChildren()
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetEligibleChildrenForRecursiveChildren(User user)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.AddChildren(User user, Boolean includeLinkedChildren, Dictionary`2 result, Boolean includeHidden, Boolean recursive, Func`2 filter)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.AddChildren(User user, Boolean includeLinkedChildren, Dictionary`2 result, Boolean includeHidden, Boolean recursive, Func`2 filter)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetRecursiveChildren(User user, Func`2 filter)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetRecursiveChildren(User user, Boolean includeLinkedChildren)

i'm sorry, i took one look and assumed mbplus. to be honest we haven't seen that error before. i think it will be easier to solve by running without mbplus and seeing if it eventually occurs in the core server.

danielk23

Hi Ebr, not sure if its relevant, but the movie items that it's throwing the initial error on are part of smart lists within MBPlus. 

As soon as i can convince the wife to let me tinker i'll first try deleting the smart lists and see if i can induce the crash, and then go from there and report back here.

thanks to both for such quick responses to my initial questions, it's much appreciated

thanks

Daniel

danielk23

Hi Ebr

It looks like it was potentially smart list related. I've removed the 3 smart lists i had setup, 1 for an actress, and 2 for different studios (all under movies content type), and now the library scan is completing without crashing the whole server service.

@@Luke, thanks for the assist too

cheers

Daniel

I think it is just that Smart Lists would be one of the most taxing operations the plug-in would attempt so you removing them just removed that process.  It may very well crop up somewhere else too.