3.0.5768.7 Upgrade Issues

RedStripe

RedStripe

Windows  Professional 4bit i5 processor

Firefox 41.0.2

Server Version 3.0.5768.7

Application has gone rogue!

I have all scheduled tasks set to run in early AM.
Media that was displaying as expected earlier in the afternoon.
Subsequently much, if not most, of the media display has disappeared and therefore, media was inaccessible from the app."
How can this be if the application is "inactive"?!! (That is no one used app and tasks were not scheduled to run since the last complete media display.)

Refresh ceased to work. (Not sure if it worked after library scan finally completed)
Scan library seems to run at normal speed up to about 43.4% and then starts creeping.
Took more than 48 minutes to complete. (Usually runs in 3 or 4 minutes)

After library scan finally completed:
   Media display reappeared however,
         - "Sort name" values were deleted, at least in some cases.
         - "Scenes" are not being displayed in most media (in fact, there is no "Scene" sections in those cases).
         - "Cast & Crew" disappeared from most, but not all, media. (there is no "Cast & Crew" sections in those cases)

- "Cast & Crew" images DO exist locally
         - The preexisting issue persists where significant portions of "Cast & Crew" MUST be refreshed in order to display

local images. This is very time/effort intensive as there is no way to batch update and each image must be           

refreshed individually. (I've had to go through this process a number of times due to other upgrades)
   Photos behavior is very flaky:
        - Image dimensions change sporadically. (That is on subsequent displays of the page)
        - Images are generated for folders/albums sporadically. (In the case were the folder/album does NOT contain a "folder" or

"thumb" image)
             > In cases were folder DOES contain a "folder" or "thumb" image, a random image is displayed as the

folder/album image however, the "folder" or "thumb" image is NOT displayed as one of the images contained in the

folder/album.

- After manually setting images for some folders/albums, subsequent refresh on any ONE folder/album resets the

images to a random image on ALL folders/albums that were set manually.
        - "Videos" button at top of page does not work the same as "Photos" button.
             > It appears that videos in the subfolder tree are NOT displayed as is the case with images.

This release, 3.0.5768.7, is very unstable! Was it tested? It's been very frustrating, trying to determine what has changed, trying to determine if identified changes are features or bugs, reporting problems, refreshing, rescanning and repeat...
Might be time for a rollback of last update.

Please advise. Thanks.

Here is the server log->server-63581637795.txt

Edited by RedStripe

RedStripe

How about the choosing the Photos issue. The server log has been attached to the original post.

Thanks for your attention.

soundsnake8

How can I roll back to version 3.0.5724.6 this update has too many problems. It locks up every time I access Emby theater and it starts loading . movies. I have to restart the server 3.0.5768.7. I go through this each time I try to use it. not happy.

Happy2Play

How can I roll back to version 3.0.5724.6 this update has too many problems. It locks up every time I access Emby theater and it starts loading . movies. I have to restart the server 3.0.5768.7. I go through this each time I try to use it. not happy.

Has the clean database and library scan task completed?  Depending on your settings and library size this can take awhile. 

As for rolling back you would have to delete your database files do the changes made in this update.  But if you run Official builds the system.old folder will contain 3.0.5724.6.

%appdata%\Emby-Server

Hello everybody,

Maybe is not an issues, but I have see that until two or three day, the tab "people" has disapear !
It's only a problem on my side or you have the same thing ? It's normal ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Happy2Play

Hello everybody,

Maybe is not an issues, but I have see that until two or three day, the tab "people" has disapear !

It's only a problem on my side or you have the same thing ? It's normal ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

It has been removed for the time being.

Jodi Bolger

When I log into EMBY this is what I see.  I can not go anywhere in emby only can see this page and come to Emby connect.  I can access nothing. :(  Please help.

Before this happened, my system would not take the update. It kept telling me update failed. When the update finally went thru this happened.

I uninstalled my server and re downloaded it hoping this would fix the issue. Nope..still just see this screen.

5631ac4c4df87_ScreenHunter_3780Oct290010

When I log into EMBY this is what I see.  I can not go anywhere in emby only can see this page and come to Emby connect.  I can access nothing. :(  Please help.

Before this happened, my system would not take the update. It kept telling me update failed. When the update finally went thru this happened.

I uninstalled my server and re downloaded it hoping this would fix the issue. Nope..still just see this screen.

5631ac4c4df87_ScreenHunter_3780Oct290010

Hi there,

Sorry to hear this. Please see here so that you can provide a bit more info such as your server log:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Here is my log

since you've already uninstalled, this is a brand new server installation. try clearing your browser's browsing data (which shouldn't be necessary but I'm just advising it while troubleshooting). then open http://localhost:8096/wizardstart.html to run through the startup wizard.

Jodi Bolger

cleared my browsing data again  and when I click the link above it opens a tab that says:

Handler for Request not found:

Request.HttpMethod: GET
Request.PathInfo: /wizardstart.html
Request.QueryString: System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection
Request.RawUrl: /wizardstart.html