Problems after updating to 3.0.5768

DrCornelius
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

DrCornelius

Hi All,

I have two problems with the last update:

1. (Major) Encoding live TV and videos in general;
  2. (Medium-low) PlayOn no longer exists under channels.

1- I never had problems with encoding before, I have a good PC (i7, 8gb ram, Nvidia) and used to be fast doing it, now takes about one minute (or more) to start and the video pauses a lot, it feels like I have a real slow machine and it can't handle the work, specially HD content... With live TV is worst, it's very pixelated and stops after some seconds, no errors, only this:

"Debug - App: KillTranscodingJob - JobId 7a290190f76142819d2f6ffdb9d24d44 PlaySessionId 3c383ee10f744882a628f37f16eb66e8. Killing transcoding"

ffmeg isn't consuming more than 10% of the CPU.

2- Maybe this one it's related to the plugin, I don't know, it wasn't working properly before, now I only see on the plugin list under "manage server".

transcode-b11917f4-109f-4385-ac35-d9ddbb5346c2.txt

transcode-5d74fad4-5f54-423c-8417-1cc5da5c2d10.txt

Any ideas?

Thanx!

Edited by DrCornelius

can you provide a full server log? 

in your second transcoding log where you're playing a home video, what emby app are you playing from? your transcoding is only getting 11 frames per second which would explain why it's not playable.

DrCornelius

Sure, here it goes.

server-63581621045.txt

transcode-c0ec8c03-a730-400a-b1fa-ce0524302dea.txt

transcode-a2abb00f-b7e0-4981-84d1-d78d3319b6e4.txt

encoding.xml

So, I need encoding mostly when I'm using on my phone (Chrome/iOS), but sometimes I use a PC browser too...

Thanx again! =D

Edited by DrCornelius

ok, yea your transcoding is just not happening fast enough. i understand you want to zero in on the server release as the culprit, but unless the ffmpeg update has caused some kind of issue, i really don't think the update is related.

DrCornelius

I tried testing with a newer, older and shared version of ffmpeg, but same problem... Also, tried encoding with other software and Plex, everything is working fine.

Bad luck then?  :(

was emby server busy at the time, perhaps doing refreshing or scanning of some sort? we are just launching ffmpeg so there should be no reason for it to not perform well.

DrCornelius

Now I have the last version (3.0.5781.0), but same problems...

Today I tried copying the arguments lines from the ffmpeg log and going straight to the windows command line, voilà! The same command went from 5-7fps to 69-110fps.

Edited by DrCornelius

DrCornelius

So, I had the debugging turned on for about 6 months and never turned it off again, until now... It's working, I'm getting high fps as before.

The major problem is solved. Now I can play transcoded videos again, on iOS/Chrome or iOS/Safari the live TV won't start (the play button doesn't do anything), but I can use VLC for now. 

Do you have any idea about the PlayOn plugin not showing up on the web interface? Is it a bug or maybe something on my side?

Thanx again!

Edited by DrCornelius