Prompts to use Edge

paulsalter

paulsalter

Hi,

Since one of the latest updates I am now always getting a message on screen when opening up the web interface in IE to try Edge

I have no interest in using Edge

How do I turn off this annoying prompt?

Thanks

Deihmos

I think I saw that but I don't use IE regularly. I actually thought it was a win 10 message. Edge will work better with emby than IE though. You can't even jump to a location when using it.

Koleckai Silvestri

Hi,

Since one of the latest updates I am now always getting a message on screen when opening up the web interface in IE to try Edge

I have no interest in using Edge

How do I turn off this annoying prompt?

Thanks

It is a Microsoft Prompt. Not from Emby. To turn it off, check the box at the bottom that says something like "always use this app for this".

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

Tranquil

I think its an EMBY Server message, cause these strings are defined to be translated via the onesky translation tool:

"For a better experience on Windows 10, try the new Microsoft Edge Browser."

Happy2Play

Can only get it to appear when opening Emby.  No other page that I navigated to would bring it up.

56308dc94365b_Untitled.png

paulsalter

Thanks for the replies

It only opens once per session for me

So if I right click the taskbar icon to configure something it comes up

Later in the day if I want to watch something, this pops up before I can do anything

It could be something MS has done, but I only get this popup when going into Emby

Koleckai Silvestri

Can only get it to appear when opening Emby.  No other page that I navigated to would bring it up.

56308dc94365b_Untitled.png

Have never received that message myself. Just the Windows 10 dialog with a white background. "What do you want to open this with". It lists Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer with the exact same wording under the name for Microsoft Edge.

Not sure how much better Edge is if it takes two minutes to load all the images on a page.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

DarWun

I'm pretty sure it is Emby throwing up these messages.  Luke posted in a thread a few days ago (which I can't find right now) that he is surprised people haven't been asking about it yet.