Storing episodes in series folders

Luke

This turned out to be very easy. There are two very minor impacts to the api.

• Remember that ParentId is the Id of the parent folder. For episodes there is now a SeasonId property. If you are currently using ParentId as a means of linking back to the Season, switch to SeasonId.
  • The AdjacentTo filter has now been added to the specialized seasons & episodes endpoints. If you are using this filter with the regular items endpoint as a means of providing next/previous links, you should switch.

If you weren't using either of these then there should be no impact to you.

It is really suggested to switch to the new seasons and episodes endpoints. If for whatever reason you can't, then I would suggest using a blanket ExcludeLocationTypes=Virtual filter

@ebr

Okay, that's fine.  No hurry.  I want to put out a new version of MBC soon so I'll wait to implement this.

I'll do a dev build tonight most likely with some new live tv stuff. as far as going to beta, there's no real hurry. this weekend is possible but we could potentially wait longer if needed.

kreeturez

Nice, just tried this on the Dev build released now on a 'Showname\Season\Episode.mkv' structure of TV Shows.

One issue: often if the season folder contains sub-folders - including XBMC metadata such as the '.actors' sub-folder - then that season gets scraped as it's own show. (So you'll end up with a bunch of shows called 'Season 1' - with the episodes in them.)

I'm not sure if MB3 metadata folders would cause this as well.

I'm also not sure how we'd circumvent this. Either a keyword filter - or maybe only recursing just one folder below the Showname folder?

Edited by kreeturez

This is for developers using the api, so please post about it in the server area. particular about Showname\Season\Episode.mkv because i have no idea how that relates to this thread.

kreeturez

Mislead by the title of the thread (thought it was related to this change) - sorry!

Will re-post in the MB3 Server thread!