Live TV Picture Instability with latest App/Server

Chuck
Go to solution Solved by Chuck,

After upgrading to server Version 3.0.5724.6, removing EmbyTV plugin and leveraging the built in LiveTV configurations, I've run into an issue with LiveTV having intermittent picture pixilation and picture/sound briefly freezing for a few seconds.

I've attempted switching around every setting I can think of (reducing stream mbs, disabling transcoding throttling, increasing transcoding threads), and on the client (reducing stream mbs, changing vlc settings, disabling vlc settings).  But, all to no avail.

This wasn't an issue prior to the software upgrades.

Comcast did remap the HD channels from the 200's to the 800's. but this seems to be a challenge on both the SD and HD channels.

Testing with the HD HomeRun View App, the SD channels seem to be fine (of course they haven't fixed their App problem for the HD channels)

I tested the picture with Google Chrome on the server, and the web client seems to be pretty stable (though the video player never runs on IE 11).  I'm running gigabit Ethernet with Cat-6 cabling and HD HomeRun PRIME tuner.

Thoughts?

• Solution

When all else fails, rewire the infrastructure.

Looking through some of the forums, there were some discussions about the Silicon Dust HD PRIME tuner being network finiky.

I had the server on a port on the wireless router, and the tuner in a port on a switch hung off of the router.

I moved the server and tuner onto the same switch, and replaced the Cat 5e cable that came with the tuner with a Cat 6 cable.

I reset the Emby FireTV client and the Emby Server to their defaults and all is working as expected with no picture instabilities.

Who woulda thunk.

• Like 1