nfo files randomly created

tanStaafl
Go to solution Solved by MrFlibbles,

tanStaafl

I am running the latest version of EMBY on a standalone box, am viewing with the Web interface.

I have all check boxes cleared for the creation of nfo files as my system doesn't use them. For some reason, randomly, nfo files are generated. No pattern, just when I check files periodically there might be a dozen or so new .nfo files. Sometimes a couple will be ones that popped up before, but there are always a few new ones? Is there a setting I am missing?? Under Metadata -> NFO I have all three check boxes unchecked and under Metadata -> Advanced Save Metadata as Hidden files unchecked and under Metadata -> Services NFO is unchecked.

What am I missing here??

Thanks in advance for any help.

tanStaafl

I know they weren't created before I set the toggle, as I am clearing them almost daily. I am not sure what you want as an example, as they are random. The files are being stored in the folders where the video and other files are stored for the episodes. One thing though I just realized, it is only the TV shows that it is doing this, not the movies. Just random .nfo files are created, today was for the last season of a seemingly random series and a few other random videos. No idea what will pop up tomorrow.

A bit confusing :-)

• Solution
MrFlibbles

Under metadata > services, there is a drop down for "customize for media type". It defaults to movies so if you just unchecked NFO there it will still have all the settings there for other types. Try the drop down for series, seasons and episodes and unselect NFO for them as well.

562f20ad1ab94_embymetadata.jpg

While this may achieve what you were after, I believe Emby is moving away from .xml to NFO as it's primary metadata format so it might be better to embrace it rather than disable it. Just a thought.

• Like 1

tanStaafl

Mr. Fibbles, that was what I was looking for!! Somehow in all my looking and digging around I never saw this dropdown, blind in one eye, can't see out of the other! I'm not worried about them going away from xml, the backend program I wrote creates them. 

Thanks so much, a picture is worth a 1000 words!! :-)