Scan Media never finishes and eventually crashes emby.

MEB

Since the other thread is not getting a response I started a new one. Please see http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26621-image-collages-are-being-recreated-on-every-library-scan/

Here is my latest log which has had the media scan running for 5 hours and never completes.

This is a system breaking bug, what can i do other than removing my pictures from emby.

server-63581369037.zip

Well it's not stuck it's just taking a long time, so we can continue in the original thread.

But as an aside, it looks like you've configured subtitle downloading and the library scan scheduled tasks to fire every minute. You might want to consider changing that.

Well it's not stuck it's just taking a long time, so we can continue in the original thread.

But as an aside, it looks like you've configured subtitle downloading and the library scan scheduled tasks to fire every minute. You might want to consider changing that.

Library scan is set for every hour and subtitles is set every 8, so is there something messed up in the config that its being set wrong?

Edited by MEB

Happy2Play

That would be a custom Scheduled Tasks.  Since Library scans are now set to every 12 hrs.  Subtitles is correct every 8 hrs.

Custom Scheduled Tasks are in Emby-Server\config\ScheduledTasks you can delete the custom tasks here.

All the default scans are in Emby-Server\data\ScheduledTasks.

Happy2Play

Your log actually shows Library scan firing every minute.

Line 938: 2015-10-25 11:26:59.4274 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Scan media library
 Line 956: 2015-10-25 11:28:00.4446 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Scan media library
 Line 1271: 2015-10-25 11:29:01.4593 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Scan media library
 Line 1393: 2015-10-25 11:30:02.4602 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Scan media library
 Line 1664: 2015-10-25 11:31:03.4620 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Scan media library
 Line 2019: 2015-10-25 11:32:04.4741 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Scan media library
 Line 2374: 2015-10-25 11:33:05.4751 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Scan media library
 Line 2559: 2015-10-25 11:34:06.4779 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Scan media library
 Line 2715: 2015-10-25 11:35:07.4929 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Scan media library

and so on

Well something got messed up because I had it set at 1 hour through manage server-scheduled tasks and it showed one hour as well. I deleted the files in the config-scheduled tasks folder and now its showing as set to 12 hours. So would that be causing the never ending scanning issue?

Edited by MEB

No, it was just an additional observation. But it would cause the scan to immediately run again after completing, making you feel like it was always running.

Happy2Play

Did you just update to the Beta?  When the beta came out it took my library about 13 hours to rebuild with the changes made to database management.

I was on stable up until about a month ago then I switched to dev because I went from roku3 to nexus player and this issue started, thinking it was a bug with dev I switched to beta a few days ago and it's been the same issues.

Itried letting it run all night but by morning it would be crashed.

So about having a option to turn off collages on a per library source basis.

Running a few days without deleting temp files, I think there is something wrong with imagemagick or the process of creating images. 

562e5faecf171_Capture.png

Also, the scanner has created 23,000 images in Media Browser Cache\temp folder which are all created from my family photos, isn't it suppose to move them from the temp cache to a permanent cache location?

I went away for a hour with the scan at 56.8% and now its at 54%, how can this happen if its set at scan every 12 hours, there's no way it can loose percentage, right?

Any help would be appreciated, ill try any ideas, I've fixed the scheduling problem, whats next?

Edited by MEB

Happy2Play

Not sure on the images but for the scan the only way to tell is posting a log.  Your previous logs don't show any sign of a crash.

Huzzah, the scan finished after 6 hours. I started another scan and it finished in 12min. But all the collage images are still sitting in the Media Browser Cache\temp folder so are they suppose to get moved somewhere, since there are 27200 images in there now. Ill give it a few days and see if the scan keeps going at the same speed. Maybe the 1min scan fire bug was causing the issue and it just needed to scan a few times to correct it.