How to File Bluray Rips Properly

mfranzel
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

mfranzel

Hi guys,

I have many movies that are blueray disk rips that are folders and subfolders... not ISOs. But when I try to view them in MBT, I am shown the folders like STREAM and BDMV. How can I get the movies to show normally like everything else?

mfranzel

/The Dark Knight (2008)
   /BDMV

This is exactly how I have it, but when I click on the movie, I am shown the BDMV folder. If I click on that, it just keeps going into the Bluray folder structure. 

mfranzel

The same is also happening to movies that are in two video files. I made parts 1 and 2 as stated in the guide, but they just show as separate files in MBT after i click on the movie.

DVDs work fine, I believe.

mfranzel

Okay, I fixed everything. I do not know how this happened or why...

I have to make my folder structure like this: \Movies\50 First Dates\50 First Dates\BDMV

mfranzel

I know I should HAVE to do that, but it works... Okay maybe not. It works on some and not on others. 

Something is wrong here.

Edited by mfranzel

mfranzel

I manually do meta data with Media Center Master. I disabled the feature in MBT on the server side. Could this be causing an issue? Just thought I'd mention it.

Xzener

Hi guys,

I have many movies that are blueray disk rips that are folders and subfolders... not ISOs. But when I try to view them in MBT, I am shown the folders like STREAM and BDMV. How can I get the movies to show normally like everything else?

I have also seen this issue, mostly right after adding it to my library. Most recently, I added a video backdrop while the movie was being muxed, and MB3 treated very odd. As if it were its own VF... Its hard to explain, but will try and duplicate it and report back. After a scheduled library scan, the movie is displayed properly. I will report back tomorrow with more information. Edited by Xzener
  • Like 1

• Solution

This may also be related to the fact that your share is at the root level.  I think sometimes that causes a problem.

As a test, try adding another level so that it is something like \\server\sharename\movies\The Dark Knight\BDMV

• Like 1

mfranzel

ebr,

That seemed to work!! So now my directory is \\Drobo-RED\Movies\Movies\The Dark Knight\BDMV\

However, when I go into MBT, when I go to my Movie collection, I see the folder called Movies that I have to click on.

I have MBT set to the directory: \\Drobo-RED\Movies

Should I have it set to:  \\Drobo-RED\Movies\Movies

Thanks!

It is just a problem of some sort with our resolution process.  Almost no one has their movies directly off of a root drive so not many people run into it and we haven't spent the time to solve it yet.