All Media Showing "Offline"

Netbug
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I was watching a film in the Emby desktop app on Windows 8.1.

I had to reboot the computer. When this was completed, for some reason, the Emby server was gone (shortcut wouldn't launch, attempting to launch from start menu wouldn't find the item).

Reinstalled the application from the website. Everything looked fine (user information, library contents, etc.)

However, ALL media is now showing a little red notice in the upper right stating "Offline"

The content is available when browsing to it through Windows.

Version 3.0.5768.6

Log: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=730111136CC6B204!282875&authkey=!AF6E7a4Xhwyih3E&ithint=file%2ctxt

And after 15 minutes of leaving it alone, it seems to have resolved itself. :/

EDIT: I thought it had, but it's started again. i can't find any documentation on what "Offline" means.

Edited by Netbug

You have a startup trigger set for your library scan (which does not happen by default anymore). At the time of your scan, some media folders appear to have been inaccessible:

The directory name \\TOWER\MediaVault\Stand-Up and Concerts is invalid.
	System.ArgumentException
	   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher..ctor(String path, String filter)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.<>c__DisplayClassf.<StartWatchingPath>b__e()

When this happens they are marked offline until the next successful scan. If you are taking your media folders offline at various times then you may choose to adjust the scheduling of the library scan to something more suited to your usage pattern.

You have a startup trigger set for your library scan (which does not happen by default anymore). At the time of your scan, some media folders appear to have been inaccessible:

The directory name \\TOWER\MediaVault\Stand-Up and Concerts is invalid.
	System.ArgumentException
	   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher..ctor(String path, String filter)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.<>c__DisplayClassf.<StartWatchingPath>b__e()

When this happens they are marked offline until the next successful scan. If you are taking your media folders offline at various times then you may choose to adjust the scheduling of the library scan to something more suited to your usage pattern.

How does one disable the startup scan? I cannot see it in the options.

It's also run a successful scan, however, all media is still showing "offline."

Any ideas?

• Solution

go into scheduled tasks. the scan is always going to report as successful, even if your server can't access your library paths. because for many offline is not an error condition but something that happens as they turn on/off hardware.

• Like 1