TV provider order

xnappo

xnappo

Hi All,

I notice that my meta-data provider priority has Series with The Open MovieDB as first provider, then TheTVDB second.  This seems odd to me - is this the correct order?

I am still having weird issues with a few shows, like 'Mythbusters' which I have with 'normal' season numbering, but errors in my log every scan seeming to be looking for year-based seasons?

Server 3.0.5768.5

2015-10-25 10:40:43.6275 Error - MovieDbSeasonProvider: No metadata found for 2007
2015-10-25 10:40:43.7996 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/1428/season/2004?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=images,keywords,external_ids,credits,videos&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2015-10-25 10:40:43.9397 Error - App: Error getting response from http://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/1428/season/2004?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=images,keywords,external_ids,credits,videos&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5768.5
	Command line: C:\Users\xnappo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\xnappo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\xnappo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	One or more errors occurred.
	System.AggregateException
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

xnappo

Doh - I see now that TheTVDB does indeed have MythBusters with year seasons.

That is annoying.

xnappo

Well, because TheMovieDB has it with normal episodes, and TheTVDB with years, it causes errors and updates to Kodi on every scan.  I deleted TheMovieDB ID from the series and locked it, and seems good now.

I have a few other series where TheTVDB has more seasons that TheMovieDB, which causes similar errors. 

It seems like maybe before it would fall through to TheTVDB and now it doesn't or something? 

Edited by xnappo

we don't do any episode metadata from TheMovieDb so i doubt that was actually a problem. the only thing we do with Tmdb is look for images because sometimes they have really nice 1080p episode iamges

xnappo

Well try it yourself:

Make Mythbusters, then Season 10, 11, 12, 13.  Put dummy video files in each.

It will scan and complain about missing Season 2009, 2010 etc.

Same for 'Scream The Series' - TheTVDB has Season 2 up, while TheMovieDB doesn't have it yet.  Causes an error.

Just deleting the Series MovieDB id seems to fix it, no need to lock it.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

Mythbusters\Season 2009\Mythbusters 2009x01.mp4

It worked perfectly with default metadata settings.

xnappo

Yeah, that works - but I had them as S10, S11, S12 for the last two years, and it worked fine. 

What about the 'Scream' problem where the season exists on TheTVDB but not TheMovieDB?

I am trying to identify cases where extraneous change data is being generated for the Kodi Sync.  I have fixed all the problems with my metadata - but it was a lot of manual work.  Really need some sort of report on the server for items in error.

Edited by xnappo

Yeah, that works - but I had them as S10, S11, S12 for the last two years, and it worked fine. 

What about the 'Scream' problem where the season exists on TheTVDB but not TheMovieDB?

And as far as S10 goes, S2009 would work, but how could we possibly handle S10? It looks like we would have to put some black magic into the server code in order to correlate what their 10th season is, and I really don't feel good about doing that. If there's nothing in the tvdb metadata saying season 10, then i'm not sure how we can handle that.

xnappo

it doesn't matter about Tmdb because we don't use them for episode metadata

How do you explain this then?  This is a TheMovieDB.org error for 'Scream' looking for Season 02 which exists on TheTVDB, but not TheMovieDB:

2015-10-25 11:11:06.1734 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Scan media library
2015-10-25 11:11:06.1734 Info - App: Queueing task RefreshMediaLibraryTask
2015-10-25 11:11:06.1734 Info - App: Executing Scan media library
2015-10-25 11:11:06.2984 Info - App: Validating media library
2015-10-25 11:11:12.7514 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/62823/season/2?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=images,keywords,external_ids,credits,videos&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2015-10-25 11:11:13.9390 Error - App: Error getting response from http://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/62823/season/2?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=images,keywords,external_ids,credits,videos&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5768.5
	Command line: C:\Users\xnappo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\xnappo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\xnappo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	One or more errors occurred.
	System.AggregateException
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

TheMovieDb has a nice feature for seasons in that they have season overviews, so we attempt to get them. but that's all we use it for and if it fails it shouldn't be a problem.