Xbox One Preview Program Media Player & Emby

lucasscheibe

lucasscheibe

So I have 2 Xbox 1's. One Xbox 1 has the normal software on it and Emby works beautifully with it. The other Xbox 1 has the preview program software on it which come next month will be the software all Xbox 1's use. My Emby server has 2 folder 1 movies and 1 TV. Well when I select the movies folder another subset of folders opens. In there I select movies and nothing shows. When I do this on the Xbox running the  normal software all my movies show up. I just want to make this known since there is obviously some sort of issue going on which I would like to help fix. Thanks for reading and I hope someone can assist.

So I have 2 Xbox 1's. One Xbox 1 has the normal software on it and Emby works beautifully with it. The other Xbox 1 has the preview program software on it which come next month will be the software all Xbox 1's use. My Emby server has 2 folder 1 movies and 1 TV. Well when I select the movies folder another subset of folders opens. In there I select movies and nothing shows. When I do this on the Xbox running the normal software all my movies show up. I just want to make this known since there is obviously some sort of issue going on which I would like to help fix. Thanks for reading and I hope someone can assist.

But does this suggest that the Xbox update next month might break the DLNA server in some way?

So I have 2 Xbox 1's. One Xbox 1 has the normal software on it and Emby works beautifully with it. The other Xbox 1 has the preview program software on it which come next month will be the software all Xbox 1's use. My Emby server has 2 folder 1 movies and 1 TV. Well when I select the movies folder another subset of folders opens. In there I select movies and nothing shows. When I do this on the Xbox running the  normal software all my movies show up. I just want to make this known since there is obviously some sort of issue going on which I would like to help fix. Thanks for reading and I hope someone can assist.

Are you using dlna on xbox one?

lucasscheibe

But does this suggest that the Xbox update next month might break the DLNA server in some way?

To me it sure does. I am able to pick Genres and I have about 20ish movies in there out of 160ish that are all scattered about. There is way more genre folders then I have ever seen. Probably a good 25-30. Most of the genre folders have nothing in them. Not sure why the movies that are actually showing up in the genres folders are showing up and not all the other ones.

To me it sure does. I am able to pick Genres and I have about 20ish movies in there out of 160ish that are all scattered about. There is way more genre folders then I have ever seen. Probably a good 25-30. Most of the genre folders have nothing in them. Not sure why the movies that are actually showing up in the genres folders are showing up and not all the other ones.

Luke might know for sure.

Is there anything in common about the movies that show up? Are they a certain type of container? Or something?

Luke might know for sure.

Is there anything in common about the movies that show up? Are they a certain type of container? Or something?

Wait.. Edit: containers don't matter because it is probably transcoded... And we're talking about displaying library content not playing it...

billy_ray

I have two Xbones in the preview program at my humble abode and I am see the same issue.  I actually came here to explain my issue but this thread does just that.  I can't see any movies in my folders using DLNA.  Hopefully one of the updates fixes it soon. 

lucasscheibe

I have two Xbones in the preview program at my humble abode and I am see the same issue.  I actually came here to explain my issue but this thread does just that.  I can't see any movies in my folders using DLNA.  Hopefully one of the updates fixes it soon. 

Good to know that I am not the only one with the issues. 

billy_ray

Good to know that I am not the only one with the issues. 

Hopefully someone on the dev team is in the the preview program and can look to fix this if it is on Emby's side.  Microsoft just announced the new dashboard is going live for everyone on November 12th.

ThermoDust

Send feedback to Microsoft on this issue. It might be a bug with the underlying code for DLNA on the new Xbox OS. That goes for all issues or small hickups you see when using the preview, send the feedback.

billy_ray

have you tried the new release?

You mean the latest update for the Xbone preview?  If so, I can't remember if I have.  I go in every so often to see if my movies are showing up.  I'll try tonight when I get home.

billy_ray

I tested mine at like 8pm est and I was still unable to see the movie files.  I was on the latest build at that moment.  Let me know if you have any better luck after the updates.

lucasscheibe

I tested mine at like 8pm est and I was still unable to see the movie files. I was on the latest build at that moment. Let me know if you have any better luck after the updates.

Still unable to see movie files in the movies folder. Still a few in other folders. I gave feedback to Microsoft as well.

billy_ray

Still unable to see movie files in the movies folder. Still a few in other folders. I gave feedback to Microsoft as well.

Same here,even with the latest updates.  What is the link you used to add the feedback?

• Like 1

lucasscheibe

Same here,even with the latest updates. What is the link you used to add the feedback?

No link for feedback. Feedback is built in to Xbox 1 preview program. Hold the Xbox logo button on the controller and a pop up opens up. The options are turn off system. Turn off controller. And to the far right is feedback. Select that of course and then fill out the form.

jhoff80

This has been in known issues of the Xbox preview for 5 days now:

Media Player: The media player may fail to connect to DLNA content.
Edited by jhoff80
  • Like 1

lucasscheibe

This has been in known issues of the Xbox preview for 5 days now:

Hmm thanks. I read over the known issues and did not see it listed. Thank you for pointing it out.