Emby crashing on first time full sync

ilikecl

Hi guys,

Seem to be running into a problem getting Emby started on my new hardware. Here's the specs and attached log file.

Hardware: Amazon Fire TV 2

Kodi: Kodi 15.2 Git:2015-10-19-02e7013 (Compiled: Oct. 19 2015)

Emby: 1.1.39

I tried turning off "Auto add images to the Kodi texture cache" and it didn't seem to fix the problem. Had this running on Amazon Fire TV 1 previously, but was on an older version of Kodi.

Also tried resetting the local Emby DB as well.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Your log is not showing much because you don't have the add-on debug enabled. Go to the emby for kodi add-on settings > advanced > debug set to info restart Kodi and post a new log. All I can see is that you didn't enter your password when prompted. Thanks

Edited by Angelblue05

Boy, that's embarrassing.  :blink:

I forgot when I reset the DB, I also reset all the Emby settings as well.

I've attached another log file with Info turned on.

Thanks!

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Hah, no problem. :)

Hm, I don't see any errors. Did you exit Kodi while the sync was still going or did it crash? I see request to shut down Kodi in the middle of the sync and therefore it never completed.

Nope, I didn't exit Kodi while it was syncing. It crashed and exited to the Amazon Fire OS homescreen.

Edit: I might have found the cause. I had the Power saving setting on in Kodi to shutdown after 15 minutes. Running a sync again to see if this is it. I assume Kodi doesn't count a sync as activity?

Edited by ilikecl
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

That is correct - you need to make sure you keep your Kodi running because the syncing process does not pass as an activity, like playback, etc.

Edit: It would make sense because it stopped at the 15min mark :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Logos302

Anyway to make the sync seen as activity as it's really annoying to either : A - Turn of sleeping (Which you then inevitably forget to turn on) or B - Keeping a key while you wait for it to sync.