Issue with Direct play

rfischer1984

rfischer1984

When I tell it to direct play with embedded vlc it only plays in stereo, but when I turn off vlc, it plays 5.1 surround flawlessly, but i dont want to transcode every video when the fire tv plays them all on direct play no problem using plex. I really like everything else about emby but this is a big issue for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

rfischer1984

No its the 2nd generation. I am sorry, I should have made that known. But if i play it with direct play using vlc, it only play in 2.0 sound. It wont play play 5.1 at all. which is weird cuz my plex does. I do like emby and so far prefer it but not being able to play 5.1 is a deal breaker. I even paid for a month to help support it. BTW it is version  5.0.2.2 thanks

Edited by rfischer1984

rfischer1984

Are they DD or DTS tracks?

some are dts and some are dd. I know dts wont even play on my plex. but none of my 5.1 movies will direct play in 5.1..Is there a setting in handbrake that is recommended? I can always redo them all. thats takes a long time but at least will let me know if it solves my issue. I may just convert one and see if that works first though. 

There is a problem right now with the software on the new Fire TV with DD but DTS will play as 5.1 using the beta version of the Emby app.  I hope to have that version released this week.

rfischer1984

Oh ok, thats good news. :) 

There is a problem right now with the software on the new Fire TV with DD but DTS will play as 5.1 using the beta version of the Emby app.  I hope to have that version released this week.