Unable to fathom how to use Emby in Kodi

Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk

I successfully installed Emby server to my main PC and setup a library.

I then installed the Kodi addon to my mini PC connected to my TV and after restarting Kodi, I receive the welcome message that detects my user name of my main PC.

But I cannot fathom what to do next.

When I start Emby in Kodi I have a menu list of:

Channels

Favourite Shows

Favourite Movies

Settings

Perform manual sync

Condifure user preferences

Perform local database reset (full resync)

Cache all images to Kodi texture cache (advanced)

Sync Emby Theme Media to Kodi.

Nothing in that menu list gives me a clue what to do next to access the library from Kodi.

I've watched a number of Youtube videos but none seem to match where it is I have come to and am unable to fathom out what to do next.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Angelblue05

Why not post in our Kodi section of the forums so the right people can see your post? :)

Anyway, when you installed emby for Kodi, did you see your content sync after identifying yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vidman

You shouldn't have to "start" the addon.... The addon purpose is to replace your kodi library with links to emby servers content, so you should just need to reset your kodi database, allow the addon to sync at startup - which it should do automatically if you have configured it correctly, then your emby media should appear in the regular kodi menus under movies and TV shows

yardameus

Did you have an existing library in Kodi before installing Emby addon?  Or was this a fresh install of Kodi?  You don't want to have a library existing in Kodi when you install the Emby addon.