Disable/enable "C Key" ContextMenu

e123enitan

e123enitan

@@Angelblue05

I brought this topic to the main thread as discussed:

The objective is to write a code if possible which could either enable or disable ContextMenu, as you agreed to, several of these functions have been made redundant since emby/kodi addon is place, this in my view make sense.

My experience lately is that my house hold and other friends/families that share my server, when they accidentally pressed c on their key board will brought contextmenu, due to their limited knowledge of Kodi, thinks the functions still works, like fresh dB , which currently handle by Emby/kodi and edit title which ought to done at Emby server and several other issues crops up in the process of fiddling with context that caused hiccups in Kodi which I have to support, by having option to disabling ContextMenu would simplify things.

I found this info http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap where the key mapping are outline I noticed contextmenu as one of line hope this info will assist in further research and help to implement this request. appreciate your time and efforts and hope to this function in emby/kodi future build.

Cheers!

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

Jdiesel

There is a Kodi Addon in the programs repository called "Keymap Editor" that does exactly this. You can easily disable and remap keys from the addon.

I would suggest remapping to to something like alt-ctr-C so you are still able to access it if you need to but prevents others from accidentally accessing it. One of my favorite skins, Aeon MQ, has the option for a "Kiosk Mode" which locks down many of the settings like the context menu and changing of library views which is very family friendly.

Edited by Jdiesel
  • Like 1

e123enitan

There is a Kodi Addon in the programs repository called "Keymap Editor" that does exactly this. You can easily disable and remap keys from the addon.

Nice thanks for sharing I will check this out.

Cheers!

e123enitan

I just installed the addon but it dont seen to respect any changes that i make to context menu any suggestions?

Cheers

Jdiesel

Did you change Global-Navigation-context menu? After you make the change you need to back out to the first screen and hit Save.

e123enitan

Yes, I did, but it seems the change is not respected when navigate to movies and hit C the contextmenu pop up, could be my fault or something else in my box which prevent the function to work. I shall look into it again tonight .

Thanks for you support.

e123enitan

@@Jdiesel, just curious, are your running windows or OpenElec, what type of remote are you using, USB/Keyboard? I am using USB/Keyboard, also in my quest for solution, I stumble on this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml, I am not sure if this could be adapt to user specific.

@Angelblue05, what is your thought, I think it would seem appropriate for users to write individual keymap xlm or use keymap editor addon instead of emby/kodi write?

Thx Guys for your inputs :)

Edited by e123enitan

Jdiesel

I'm running OpenElec and using a RC6 remote.

The keyboard.xml file should be in your Userdata folder.  I see that lines 72 and 74 both refer to the global context menu mapping meaning that both the "c" keystroke and the "menu" button on a WMC remote will bring up the context menu.  You could try making a backup of the keyboard.xml and deleting lines 72 and 74 or see if there is second reference to the contex menu in the keymap editor addon.

• Like 1

This is how you can do it on windows, go here AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps and open the keyboard.xml and add this

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
<c mod="alt,ctrl,shift">ContextMenu</c>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <fullscreenvideo>
   <keyboard>
<c>Playlist</c>
</keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

Now "ctrl,alt,shift + c" will bring up the context menu and just pressing "c" will bring up the playlist when a video is playing or your channel list if you are watching live tv

• Like 1

e123enitan

@ dazed, just tried your post as follows:

-C:\Users\tom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps,

-Open file name gen with note pad

-Copy the text into the file and saved,

-restart Kodi

-try c on key board, it pops up context

-Sorry did not work, any other suggestions?

Cheers

Edited by e123enitan

Try this

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
<c>noop</c>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <fullscreenvideo>
   <keyboard>
<c>Playlist</c>
</keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>
  • Like 1

e123enitan

Try this

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
<c>noop</c>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <fullscreenvideo>
   <keyboard>
<c>Playlist</c>
</keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

Awasome this works like magic :D  you have saved me heck of task, with pop and family. I am sure this would help others who may have similar issue or requirement.

Cheers!

Edited by e123enitan

e123enitan

Awasome this works like magic :D  you have saved me heck of task, with pop and family. I am sure this would help others who may have similar issue or requirement.

Cheers!

If I may ask, would this work for OpenElec as it does on windows?

Yeah there's no reason it shouldn't, just get the correct file path from here for the your OS should be fine

Edited by dazed

e123enitan

@ dazed, can I bothered you with another request, along same line, on the movie or tv info screen, refresh and choose art seems to be redundant since the emby server and kodi/emby addon have taken control of these two functions. Therefore could it be possible to disable these by incorporating similar logic into context script.

Thanks most appreciated

e123enitan

Yeah there's no reason it shouldn't, just get the correct file path from here for the your OS should be fine

Just tested on OpenElec it work find, this is cool :D

Edited by e123enitan

That seems more like a skin issue

Normal info screen with the refresh and choose art

post-5762-0-17683700-1445646369_thumb.png

You can set it to use extendedinfo by default in Titan

post-5762-0-43710300-1445646381_thumb.png

Here the option in Titan

post-5762-0-25535300-1445646554_thumb.png

Edited by dazed
  • Like 1

Forgot to add that it you disable or uninstall Artwork Downloader it will stop that the Choose Art button from working in the first screenshot

• Like 1

e123enitan

That seems more like a skin issue

Normal info screen with the refresh and choose art

You can set it to use extendedinfo by default in Titan

Here the option in Titan

Got U, I use Titan my self, it appears there is a setting in place to deactive these two functions, I would reach out to marcel if its possible to your logic to his skin, i think it would efficient as part of the sking package, thanks for your help again.

Just had a look through the settings, if you Enable Kiosk-mode from the General skin settings it will stop you from being able to click the Choose Art and Refresh buttons

• Like 2

e123enitan

@ dazed, can I bothered you with another request, along same line, on the movie or tv info screen, refresh and choose art seems to be redundant since the emby server and kodi/emby addon have taken control of these two functions. Therefore could it be possible to disable these by incorporating similar logic into context script.

Thanks most appreciated

In Titan under general skin settings, enable Kiosk mode, resolve this request.

e123enitan

In Titan under general skin settings, enable Kiosk mode, resolve this request.

sorry I didn't ckeck your last thread :)

e123enitan

Hi I just noticed that on Kodi main page, following keys B, E, H, J & K, when pressed  tries to activate PVR Manager, wondering why several keys are preconfigured for same function, that seems odds,  although I don’t have PVR add-on activated nor wish to have one, even if I wish to do so, I prefer to initialized this function through System>Addon  etc.

For my personal preference could you help write similar logic to disable these Keys at your convenient  PLEASE.

Edited by e123enitan

Should just be something as simple as this

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
<c>noop</c>
<c>noop</c>
<e>noop</e>
    <h>noop</h>
    <j>noop</j>
    <k>noop</k>