Android app crashing, huge log files, subtitles minor problems

reisrdok

reisrdok

I am using android app to cast from Ubuntu/Emby to Chromecast. SGS5 with original ROM.

- Very often when the screen is locked (by me or timeout), Emby app crashes when unlocking. Sometimes it disconnects from Chromecast. This seems to happen when the screen has been locked for a while, minute or more.

- If I have paused the playback and app crashes/disconnects: When I reconnect with "cast" button, remote is usually in "no playback" state, while chromecast is still in pause state. After restarting playback, about half of the time I can resume where I left it, other times I have to start from beginning and seek manually. 

- Log files take now 1.2Gb from phone storage, after 17 days.

- Very often the only way to get lock screen controls to disappear is rebooting the phone. Killing app does not help. They also seem to disappear after few hours. Probably related to crashes?

- As non-native english speaker, I always use english subtitles when available (translations are usually horrible and wrong, and accents etc. are difficult to hear sometimes). When turning subtitles on, I have to restart playback to show them. After that, same subtitles are shown twice. Then I have to select the subtitle again to drop the duplicate subtitles. Turning on subtitles by default fixes this problem.

- Turning subtitles off does not work.

Long list of problems, but they aren't that bad. Emby works otherwise -very- well with Android/Chromecast combination, there is no real competition.

Edited by reisrdok