[DEV] Map TV Logos

phonk

Hello emby-Team,

I'm using dvblink as LiveTV Plugin and sad about dvblink not populate the channel icons.

Adding the icons with the web interface is very time expensive.

So I wrote a little tool, that gets the tvchannels from the emby library.db, map the icons (Channelname = Channelname.png) copy the icons to the metadata folder and update the ImageInfos field in the JSON BLOB.

5628ac399e443_Eati_v1.jpg

Program is attached, please keep in mind: I'm a programming newbie, so let me know about any bugs.

Changelog

Version 1.0.0.14

• New Dialog for manual select icon if imagefile not found

Version 1.0.0.13

• Added logging feature: logfile stored in C:\ProgramData\EmbyMapTVIcons
  • some bugfixes

EmbyMapTVIcons_1.0.0.14.zip

Edited by phonk
  • Like 2

AlwinHummels

Top!! Please share  ;)

Maybe an idea for a plugin??

Edited by AlwinHummels

AlwinHummels

Is it possible to use the db on a synology NAS?

I have my Emby.Mono server on Synology.

Thanks anyway for sharing 

Spaceboy

hello, unfortunately it doesnt work for me. when it starts to match channels to logos i get a n error below

562ba496d65bb_Capture.png

let me know what other ino i can provide as i am very keen to get this working. thanks!

@Alwin: I hope the linux version is like the nas version, because i don't own a nas. But the main factor: do you have access to the nas filesystem ? Windows share or ftp ? The tool works only on windows so we have to get access to that file from windows.

Spaceboy

hi, logo list attached. i think its more likely to be the channel names in the server. i have E! and 5* for starters, tried renaming 5* to 5Star within Emby but still got the same error. Also i see Sky SciFi/Horror, more>movies, BTSport//ESPN, Smash Hits! server side all with special characters

AlwinHummels

@Alwin: I hope the linux version is like the nas version, because i don't own a nas. But the main factor: do you have access to the nas filesystem ? Windows share or ftp ? The tool works only on windows so we have to get access to that file from windows.

Sorry for the delay but no I cant acces the folder from within Windows or I don't know how.

So for now I've no luck but thanks for the good work  ;)

attachicon.giffolder.txt hi, logo list attached. i think its more likely to be the channel names in the server. i have E! and 5* for starters, tried renaming 5* to 5Star within Emby but still got the same error. Also i see Sky SciFi/Horror, more>movies, BTSport//ESPN, Smash Hits! server side all with special characters

Hi Spaceboy,

I will create a logging feature for better debugging on your side.

I my region I only had have the problem with a "/" in one server channelname, for me I replaced it in the program with a blank.

I will upload the logging version soon, then you attach a log, and I will find a solution, mybe something with RegEx ...

-------------

Test the new version in first post.

You can now select an image file if Channelname and Imagename not match.

Edited by phonk

• 2 years later...

Hi @@phonk, wanted to see if this is still in development? I only get the below when trying to load library.db. It's been two years, so the database must have changed. Thanks.

post-242602-0-06235800-1510871452_thumb.png