Trailers plugin

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Is there any way for the plugin to get the duration for trailers to avoid having them mark as watched automatically as soon as they start playing? If not, Kodi knows the duration of the trailer because it loads the video. Can this information be given to the server somehow during the report playback progress to avoid the situation?

Edited by Angelblue05

I don't think this is because of not knowing the duration.  It is probably due to the fact that the trailers are shorter than the "Minimum Resume Duration".

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'll ask the user to try and reduce the minimum resume duration. When the add-on reports to the server, the runtime is --:--. I thought it was causing the server to think it's already watched even if the user skips trailers (that's what was reported to me anyway).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Vidman

i think it might actually due to both of these factors, either one will prevent resume.

I think it is more the marking as watched when the trailer is skipped at the start that Angelblue05 is trying to avoid Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

I think it is more the marking as watched when the trailer is skipped at the start that Angelblue05 is trying to avoid

Yeah but the two are related.  If something is not resumable, then it is considered watched if any of it is watched.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Indeed, but if there's no runtime, I'm guessing it's considered being 0. So regardless of the resumable state, it will still mark as watched, correct?

If there would be a way to provide the runtime somehow, like for when reporting items that are not part of the emby library... It would allow the server to behave correctly when it doesn't have that information.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

How would you handle it in your apps if the user wants to sometime skip trailers without disabling cinema mode or having the trailer being considered as watched?

Yes, if the run time is blank that is a problem too.

Personally, I think it gets too messy trying to manage resume points (which is the same as partial watched status) for short items.  Music is the real use-case for why we have this limit in place as you don't want resume points on all the songs you stop part-way through.

If a user skips a trailer from the beginning, I would just assume they either already saw that trailer or aren't interested in seeing it.  In either case, marking it as watched is appropriate.

Angelblue05

Yeah the user doesn't seem to feel that way - it was, I guess more about those times you didn't feel like watching trailers. :) It's ok, I'll think of something else. It was worth asking, just in case something could be done about the missing runtime. Thanks again guys!