Full sync after long time no use

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

My kodi is setup with multiple user profiles all that use emby.

I use incremental sync which usually works fine. I have however noticed that if a user doesn't login for a longish time then when they sign in again they have to do a full resync. 

As far as I can tell there have not been any updates to the stable plugin. since 15th September? 

Is there a way to disable full resyncs and only use incremental? 

Angelblue05

Simply put, no. Here is the issue:

When the add-on starts up, it will do the regular start up sync or if you have the server plugin enabled, it will query the server for the missing updates while Kodi was offline. If the server doesn't return a response in time because there's too many missed update of items, the response will timeout, so we need to fall back to the regular start up sync to ensure we maintain a perfect sync between Kodi and Emby. Once completed, any following Kodi start up should succeed at retrieving missed updates from your server since there will be less of them. 

Remember, we are not loading/displaying content in real time, but integrating your content into Kodi, so it is a necessary evil when Kodi has been offline for a while and there's just too many missed messages. Anytime you do something on emby (like watch content, update metadata, etc.), it sends one message, which we track in the add-on and process in real time. When Kodi is offline, the server plugin tracks the same messages, so you can see how it can quickly pile up.

Edited by Angelblue05

runtimesandbox

Ah that makes sense. I can understand why it has to.

Weird that the server response was timing out as there hasn't been any new content added. 

Thanks for the quick response

• Like 1

Angelblue05

The syncing processes more than just new content. It also processes playstates, favorites, etc. Anytime something happens on your server, it adds to that list we process so it adds up quickly. :)