Content not appearing and buggy links in popups with latest beta

siddhartha

siddhartha

I'm running emby beta 3.0.5768.4 and iOS 7.1.2.

When I click on the DLNA link to Play To my TV, I'm present with a list of DLNA options. I can no longer simply click on an option and it will set it. When I click on an item (e.g. My Device), the text will bold, but the popup window will stay open. I need to first tap the item, then hold my finger down on the item until it highlights blue as though the text is highlighted. Once it is, I then need to tap the item again. The dialog box will go away and the option will be properly set. This behaviour is not in the latest official release.

Also, my Movie and TV collections are completely empty. I cannot see any Suggestions, or Shows, or a list of movies. This behaviour is also not in the latest official release.

Unfortunately, I cannot use the latest official release because my AAC encoded MKV files have extremely buggy audio and I cannot pause any movies. This is fixed in the latest beta, however.

Thanks!

siddhartha

By moving and refreshing my metadata folder, I am able to see my library again. The issue with selecting popup menu items remains. I found I can duplicate the bug in Chrome for Windows if I press F12 then set my device to Apple iPhone 5. Go up to the DLNA icon, and when you select a device, it will not close the popup window nor set the device.

siddhartha

It looks like only the first page of my library appears on Safari iOS. Setting any filters, sorting, or changing pages makes the content disappear. There is also a large amount of whitespace between the top navbar and the movie posters. This behaviour is the same for Chrome on iOS. I have done a clean install of emby server and have no custom css branding.

On ios chrome is the same thing as safari. To be honest I'm not really sure what we can do here. These symptoms do not appear on ios8 and ios9. The web client is moving fast adopting new technologies and its not always easy to support older browser versions.

siddhartha

Also, since I can duplicate the menu bug in the latest Chrome for Windows using the F12 device preview, I wonder if there isn't a bug on newer browsers.

siddhartha

I did a build of 3.0.5724.5 in VS and all is well. I'll just hold out for an iOS app and cross my fingers it's 7.1.2 compatible.

Edited by siddhartha

mediacowboy

Luke will be able to answer for sure but I believe the new iOS app will only be compatible with 8.1 and up

Yes, 8.1 it is. As of two days ago, the numbers on the apple developer portal show 61% of devices are already upgraded to ios9 and 91% are running ios8 or greater.