Updating mixed metadata info

arrbee99

arrbee99

Is there an easy way to update some of the artwork, cast, info on a TV series I have. Have tried updating images and refreshing info and re-identifying the series, but its very reluctant, so far, to cooperate. The series is the UK 2014 Prey. At the moment I have a correct (UK) backdrop, a primary from a French Prey, and cast, season image, summary from an American Prey. any ideas please. Win 10 pro 64 IE11 if it helps.

arrbee99

Don't know about uploading my own images, haven't tried yet, but......

As I say, at the moment I appear to have metadata from 3 different 'Prey's. The only correct image is the one of the actor in the phone box (and maybe the logo), though TheTVDB seems to have some available and themovieDB has an overview. Can't get it to update to the correct stuff if I tell it to (re)identify or refresh or whatever. Is there a command or an easy way to delete the incorrect stuff (the actors/summary/season image( ?

post-4223-0-75580500-1445327000_thumb.jpg

post-4223-0-36913900-1445327012_thumb.jpg

post-4223-0-35954300-1445327027_thumb.jpg

post-4223-0-09568500-1445327041_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

Looking at those images, I would guess you have mismatched/wrong external ids in the metadata.  You have images from Prey and Prey (2014).

Or the issue is the name (Prey instead of Prey (2014)) but you should be able to just re-identify with the proper external ids. 

562600e018539_ids.jpg

Happy2Play

I see the issue you are having with identify, this one is troubled.  I changed my test to reflect your the (1998) version and had trouble identifying the one I wanted.  It appear in the list but wouldn't update.  Manually entering information from screenshot above allowed it to change.

I still ended up having to delete some images via edit images.

Edited by Happy2Play

arrbee99

Yes. Try something obvious so rename the folder (in Windows Explorer) from Prey to Prey (2014) and refresh - it gets rid of the only correct photo. Rename the program to Prey (2014) in Emby and tell it to re-identify it, pick the correct one out of two possibilities - correct photo back but the other stuff is still wrong. Delete all the incorrect photos (banner, logo, etc) in Emby by sending to trash, Tell it to Refresh - all the wrong photos are back again.

Maybe I'll try deleting from the folder directly, including the xml file. Might be a good idea. Maybe I should switch to that nfo thing. Oh well its midnight so think I'll leave it till tomorrow.

arrbee99

Deleting everything in the folder except for the episodes didn't work. Still got this mixture. Don't know why it won't update stuff properly when I point it to the correct IMDB number, or whatever it wants. Guess its just a bug, as mentioned here as elsewhere.

arrbee99

And how do I add art downloaded to my PC - I can only see options to delete or search on the internet in the Edit Images page.....

post-4223-0-50089800-1445383204_thumb.jpg

arrbee99

The round buttons are for uploading from the PC directly ? Am sure you noticed the round buttons are blank in the attached image, hence the 'IE quirks' thing.

Guess its time to have a go at Edge / Chrome again.

arrbee99

Oh yes, in Edge / Chrome the Search / Upload symbols appear fine, in IE11 they're just grey circles. Well now I know.

Happy2Play

The easiest way to do this is Rename your Series folder to Prey (2014).  Clear images and metadata from folder and perform library scan.

But here is the icon to click for upload.

5626d219e0d7a_upload.png

5626d2317fbf0_upload2.jpg

arrbee99

The easiest way to do this is Rename your Series folder to Prey (2014).  Clear images and metadata from folder and perform library scan.

Thanks just done that (and tried previously too) but doesn't work. Still get a mixture. Think its keeping stuff from when the folder was just called Prey (without the year). The IMDB code in the metadata is correct, though don't know how important that is.

Thanks for the image uploading info, which certainly helps, but don't know how to fix all the other stuff - summary, actors, that kind of thing. Is there a cache to clear somewhere maybe ?

Happy2Play

IMDB won't really help since nothing comes from there.  You need to ensure TMDB and TVDB ids are correct.

I have attached the nfo and xml, depending on what you use.  Just place in series folder.  I removed my image locations from nfo so a refresh - missing data - none should populate your info.

Happy2Play

Or just click identify

You might want to test that on Luke,  With folder named Prey I got a lot of mixed results.

That's OK. If the name doesn't return the best match all by itself you can punch in the year. Everything you need to solve this is in the ui without having to mess with folders.

Happy2Play

Here is a log trying to change it from the misidentified 1998 version to the 2014 version.  The data does not change.

Happy2Play

Here is more information.

Identify via name only "Prey" gets these results but fails to update choosing 2014 version.

5626e4b052eb8_identify1.png

Identify via name "Prey" and year "2014" gets these results but fails to update choosing 2014 version.

5626e51507511_identify2.jpg

Identify via name only "Prey 2014" gets these results but you have to choose "Prey 2014" for info to update.  Note fanart for wrong series remains do to none existence and has to be manually delete.

5626e52e06ab9_identify3.png

i tested and had better results, albeit as you say, with some artwork from the old series left behind because there was nothing new to replace with. this is with the server at default metadata settings.

arrbee99

Thanks very much Happy2PLay - I've downloaded your zip file, and also tried what I guess you would call the third method in Post #19. That updated almost everything including the summary and the actors, just have to update the Episode art manually. There may be a few other bits as well but haven't checked properly yet.

Thanks very much Luke - latest dev update fixed the Search and Upload icons in IE11 (and maybe other stuff in there as well I haven't spotted).

since you're preferring IE on windows 10 can you confirm the nag messages about switching to Edge are working? Well they do in my testing but I thought for sure there would have been a complaint about it by now.

arrbee99

Yep, have seen the 'have you considered trying Edge' message several times, only I think when starting up Emby in IE, which is most days as I have a thing about powering main PC down fully overnight.

Also wondering if you got anywhere with getting live TV to work in IE via NPVR. I know you said it was difficult. If not hopefully It'll be working in Edge ? (haven't tried it in Edge for a while). I know I can use it in Chrome and hopefully soon in the new MBT but still, would be nice to know if there's any chance.