Unlock without Premiere?

Wollow86

Wollow86

I have a 2015 Sony W800c android TV, and plex wont support 5.1.

I'm considering a swap to Emby, but I cant even test it without either purchasing the app or paying for Premiere!

Any way around this at all?

I have a Sony Android TV too. Unfortunately i can only hear 5.1 when its in dolby digital. Dts doesn't work. Its the same on the new Plex Update (dd yes, dts no). Emby can use vlc as standard player. But i didn't find a way to play dts sound yet.

There is a two-week trial on the unlock.

However, that trial is tied to the server so, if you've tried the Emby ATV app before, then the trial may have been used.

Wollow86

I have a Sony Android TV too. Unfortunately i can only hear 5.1 when its in dolby digital. Dts doesn't work. Its the same on the new Plex Update (dd yes, dts no). Emby can use vlc as standard player. But i didn't find a way to play dts sound yet.

Ahh. Vast majority of my content with 5.1 is DTS, so I'm screwed either way. Its such a pain because I'm so close to being able to do away with my old HTPC.

There is a two-week trial on the unlock.

However, that trial is tied to the server so, if you've tried the Emby ATV app before, then the trial may have been used.

I used to use Emby with WMC, but I converted to Plex ages ago for chromecast support. (I'm aware Emby now does this too)

I used to use Emby with WMC, but I converted to Plex ages ago for chromecast support. (I'm aware Emby now does this too)

That would not have any impact.

What, exactly, happens when you open the ATV app and try to play something?

Wollow86

That would not have any impact.

What, exactly, happens when you open the ATV app and try to play something?

It tells me the app needs to be unlocked. Either by becoming a supported or by purchasing the app...

For completeness I just tried to use the app, and it played a file.... and gave me a message about the trial

So I guess never mind :)