Episode Images not being created?

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

Tonight I noticed that several TV Shows I recorded and then moved to my TV Series folders aren't having the episode level images generated like usual. Instead the server seems to be using the Series thumbnail image on those shows where it's not getting created. It doesn't seem to happen with all of them either.

I recorded 4 shows tonight (Simpsons, Quantico, Walking Dead and The Last Man on Earth). Of these only the Simpsons and The Walking Dead created an episode image.

Here is my log:

server-63580809600.txt

Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about:

Episode 4 (last image) is the one I recorded tonight.

562480ec3f2b3_Captu1re.png

Episode 4 on this one as well I recorded tonight.

5624810c63d84_Capture.png

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

Ok, here is another screenshot with three episodes of Seinfeld that I recorded over the past 2 days. The first episodes were recorded last week and the images are created but on the three I just recorded it is not creating the images but instead using the thumbnail images.

Anyone else seeing this issue? I think it is since the latest Beta update. I am on Beta version 3.0.5768.3.

56253fdf89b3e_Capture.jpg

The first thing to check would be if those are actual images from tmdb/tvdb or ones generated from the videos themselves.  Based on the image for "The Pick" I think those have to be images sourced from a metadata provider.

Which means, probably, the downloading from that provider is not working for those last three.

BTW and totally off topic but I happen to be at that exact same spot in my re-watching of the entire Seinfeld series - eerie...

jasonmcroy

They must have not been downloading from the provider. For some reason I thought that the Server generated the episode level images from a screenshot and placed them. When I went into the metadata manager for the episodes that did not have images there was nothing there. When I clicked on the little cloud image to display the images to choose from it then gave me options to select an image from tvdb or the movie db. So I clicked and updated the images so there is something there now.

I guess when the connection to the service fails then the server just places an existing thumbnail image of the season thumb or something. 

I wonder why it isn't automatically downloading them now? I've never seen that occur before. 

Wow, you're in the same spot on Seinfeld re-watch? That IS eerie...  :wacko:

There are options in the metadata settings of whether or not to create an image from a screen grab.  

I can tell from looking at my episode images (and the fact that those images actually fit the episodes) that those are metadata images and not screengrabs though.

yardameus

I was/am having this same issue.  The only way the images populated was if I entered the season page, refreshed the whole season and then scrolled down to look at the episode images.  Once I did that it grabbed the appropriate episode images.